Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Got letter from Comcast....private tracker ideas?

  1. #1
    I recently got the "letter" from Comcast and am in need of a private tracker for movies. I have been using a public tracker and don't wanna risk losing my internet, but don't know any good private trackers or how to go about becoming a member. Any help you can give would be appreciated! :-)

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,281
    Start looking into private trackers, and in the mean time, sign up for newsgoup access. For ~$10 a month for unlimited traffic, its a great deal. In the end, you may just stick with that. I use newsgroups more now then torrents, and I belong to some great sites...
    Ron Paul: Hope for America

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wbandit View Post
    I recently got the "letter" from Comcast and am in need of a private tracker for movies. I have been using a public tracker and don't wanna risk losing my internet, but don't know any good private trackers or how to go about becoming a member. Any help you can give would be appreciated! :-)
    I would get a private tracker, use a vpn, use a seedbox or anything that can't respectfully hide your ip.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    day book
    Posts
    10,853
    Let's put it this way, here are the following complaints about Usenet:
    -Giganews charges too much
    -Servers, once in awhile, have hiccups (temporarily fueling debate over which NSP is better)

    Here are some of the complaints you DON'T hear about Usenet
    -Lack of content
    -Speeds are too slow
    -OMG I got banned please unban me
    -PLEASE SEED
    -Got letter from...
    -Someone please help, I can't get my ratio up
    -and a slew of other BT related complaints

    So what I'm trying to say is give Usenet a try, really. I don't think anyone here who has actually used it would tell you to avoid it.
    Check out anon's link or go here: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...uide-to-usenet

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaseric View Post
    I would get a private tracker, use a vpn, use a seedbox or anything that can't respectfully hide your ip.
    If you're willing to spend your money in a seedbox, you could cut the middleman (box downloads torrents, you FTP from the box) and simply pay for a news service. Of course, Usenet doesn't have everything, neither do torrents or any other form of filesharing. When you can't find something and must resort to public torrents, common sense and an IP filter are two good and free security measures.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    -OMG I got banned please unban me
    -PLEASE SEED
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm good for you.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    next universe over
    Posts
    337
    TorrentLeech is usually the first tracker I'll recommend to friends who are wanting to joing their first private tracker...
    Problem is you're an American, and by no means safe on TL.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    I had also gotten a letter from comcast when using Demonoid so i went ahead and stopped using them and all other public trackers. I also went ahead and got a Xirvik seedbox to start out and hung out in their shoutbox and received some really great invites. I would recomend getting one of Xirviks 25 dollar seedboxes and starting there. You wouldn't believe how many invites get passed around in their shoutbox. I got SCC, RevTT, BitmeTV, IPT, TD, and many more that I already had. After a few months on Xirvik then you can get a dedi server from a real data center when you get to know what you are doing. Start encoding and uploading, before you know it you will have made so many contacts on great trackers you wont know what to do with yourself.
    Last edited by eMwolB; 04-01-2011 at 05:24 AM.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,619
    P2P clients leave a noticeable footprint in your b/w usage/traffic. One option may be to go DDL. Use jDownloader, and rely upon servers that allow you to resume if you have a crap connection.
    Last edited by kallieb; 04-01-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")



  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,675
    Quote Originally Posted by eMwolB View Post
    I had also gotten a letter from comcast when using Demonoid so i went ahead and stopped using them and all other public trackers. I also went ahead and got a Xirvik seedbox to start out and hung out in their shoutbox and received some really great invites. I would recomend getting one of Xirviks 25 dollar seedboxes and starting there. You wouldn't believe how many invites get passed around in their shoutbox. I got SCC, RevTT, BitmeTV, IPT, TD, and many more that I already had. After a few months on Xirvik then you can get a dedi server from a real data center when you get to know what you are doing. Start encoding and uploading, before you know it you will have made so many contacts on great trackers you wont know what to do with yourself.
    Life, consider one.

    Btw contacts?

    Quote Originally Posted by eMwolB View Post
    I had also gotten a letter from comcast when using Demonoid so i went ahead and stopped using them and all other public trackers. I also went ahead and got a Xirvik seedbox to start out and hung out in their shoutbox and received some really great invites. I would recomend getting one of Xirviks 25 dollar seedboxes and starting there. You wouldn't believe how many invites get passed around in their shoutbox. I got SCC, RevTT, BitmeTV, IPT, TD, and many more that I already had. After a few months on Xirvik then you can get a dedi server from a real data center when you get to know what you are doing. Start encoding and uploading, before you know it you will have made so many contacts on great trackers you wont know what to do with yourself.
    Life, consider one.

    Btw contacts? Personally never viewed anyone whether I like then or not as one of those.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-01-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's all Meg's fault.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •