Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japan Earthquake...Godzilla Attack Cover-Up?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This whole thing has Godzilla written all over it. Isn't it about time they admit they have problems with giant monsters? I doubt it is a mere coincidence the nuclear power plants and trains were involved in the destruction.

*Note: Sincere apologies to anyone with relatives/friends/loved ones directly involved in this horrible tragedy. I am merely noting the similarities between the destruction caused by the quake, and the chaos left after a Godzilla movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Maybe the dead whales are rebelling?

...little too soon?

Spoiler: Show
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You and you. come here.

Right, you're making a joke, there's absolutely no reason to apologise for it. OK?

I find your apologies more offensive than the joke.

*cuffs round the back of the head*

Now carry on.

(not mine)
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 03-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I've been using FB too much - I'm looking for the 'like' button.

It's hilarious watching the media trying to extract some human drama from Japan, of all places.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I find your apologies more offensive than the joke.
    I agree with you, wholeheartedly TBH, but thought it might fall under the category of, "too soon". People are still missing/buried/swept away, etc. My intent was for this thread to be lighthearted, and celebrate some of the truly awesome Godzilla scenes.

What I did not want to do was defend myself endlessly from people who could not recognize the dark humor for what it is. I thank you for getting the joke, Barbarossa!

One interesting note that does make me believe my whitewashed apology may have been appropriately used- it took nearly two days for anyone to respond. Apparently, for many, it is still too soon.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Godzilla's been a failure ever since they stopped using the gay Canadian guy who played a wheelchair bound defense attorney as comedy relief.
    Now if you want a good giant monster you need to find Gamera since clearly nothing tops a giant upright flying turtle that can shoot radioactive beams out of his mouth. The only way that he could possibly be better is if he became a giant upright flying turtle zombie that can shoot radioactive beams out of his mouth , had a effeminate centaur as a sidekick and wore a cape.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    As thousands of bodies wash up on the shores of Japan amid fears of a meltdown at nuclear power plants and as scientists warn that a second major earthquake and tsunami might be on it’s way, Gilbert Gottfried probably picked a bad time to go on twitter and make tsunami jokes, or at least he did in the eyes of his bosses at Aflac, who earn about three-quarters of their total revenue from Japan. Jokes like these…
    - I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said “is there a school in this area.” She said “not now, but just wait.”
    - Japan is really advanced. They don’t go to the beach. The beach comes to them.
    - What do the japanese have in common with @howardstern? They’re both radio active.
    - Japan had put out this urgent plea….” PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!”
    - Japan called me. They said “maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they’re all sinking.”
    - What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.
    - My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.
    - I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, “They’ll be another one floating by any minute now.”
    Needless to say Aflac fired him today
    Disability insurer Aflac Inc. fired comedian Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of its iconic duck on Monday after a series of Twitter jokes about the earthquake in Japan, Aflac’s most important market.
    Since 2000, Gottfried has voiced the duck in the insurer’s TV ad campaign in the United States, quacking “Af-LAC!” in the comedian’s famously abrasive voice.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I always thought Gottfried was an odd "duck" choice for a spokesperson...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Hey, Mate, You watch too many Japanese Movies.
    What about Australia? What are you gonna say about it? A godzilla drank too much beer, and it urinated all over Queensland of Australia? Then, it caused the flood?
    Last edited by pastoral; 03-23-2011 at 01:31 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Nah, Australia doesn't need any kind of nuclear disaster to create evil, super mutants of doom- they already live with that stuff. Even Godzilla avoids their spiders...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast