Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Reminder] Earth Hour 2011

Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    At 8:30 PM on Saturday 26th March 2011, lights will switch off around the globe for Earth Hour.

This is a gentle reminder to you all.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Thank fuck I set the timers on my lamps at home. Wouldn't want the neighbors thinking I'm some kind of envirofag, just cos I'm away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    In honor of Earth Hour, I went out and stocked up on 100 watt incandescent bulbs.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Unfortunately, I didn't turned off the light. I am so sorry!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Surely this is Lounge material.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Surely this is Lounge material.
    I don't think he intended it that way, but :smug:

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I turned off all of the lights at my home, and I used candles
    Last edited by pastoral; 05-05-2011 at 12:09 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I didn't do anything usual as I usually sit around pointlessly in the dark anyway.
    Also since it's all about saving I'd thought I'd save my limited pretense of caring all the better to go full out on Earth Day .

Btw I have BIG plans for Earth Day where just to show my true commitment to the planet if I can work out the logistics involved with distances and bicycle travel I plan on killing several oil company executives , a chemical company CEO and a methane spewing cow or two.
    With a bow made from recycled wood of course.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    solertron's Avatar Poster
    Well done for reminding us.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    A nice thread for me to troll in.

What a bunch of hypocritical, unrealistic, ignorant greenies actually think they can dictate to me about my living standards. Here's some fail tips from the Greens:

• Push to remove plastic bags: Booyaah: http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...l-2220129.html
    • Spend 10 times more for light bulbs.
    • Convert to solar and not use power in the winter when it's dark/miserable weather
    • Tax coal plants to fund for solar research - Coal plants will then need to increase their prices to cater for the profit loss, could cause international uproar considering we export coal to countries like China.
    • Introduce a carbon tax - should I go into how much of a joke this tax is? I mean think of the long term effect. If the greens motive for a carbon tax is to reduce carbon emissions then how on earth will a tax cater for that? We're just going to be paying more. Some of us need to use the power and taxing business is just a joke. Imagine running a business with candles and bicycle powered generator? Maybe we could use the air coming from the Green's mouth (wind power).
    • Not allow construction of dams - funny how we just came out of a serious draught which could of been minimized had there been more dams. Also would of reduced the impact of the floods that just happened.

But hey, lyke the world is gonna end because its lyke getting hotter and we should just be taxed to do the same thang, yo.

Global Warming is a joke. Can't believe people still believe we're the cause of this natural time.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast