Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RevolutionTT's 5th Birthday 31st of March 2011

Cool

RevolutionTT: https://www.revolutiontt.net/

RevolutionTT's 5th Birthday 31st of March 2011.

Five years ago a mighty tracker was launched providing the building blocks for the great community we love and know today. Hundreds of sites tried to copy us and our success over the years, most died within months, some lasted a couple of years and some even ran away with their members generous donations.

We wanted to do something special on our fifth Birthday for the members who stuck by us through the years as well as those who are still joining this great community today. We have given the site a refreshing makeover for starters, for those who for whatever reason don't like the modern style you can select classic style in your profile settings page. In addition to the new look, from 12:00am on the 28th of March to 11:59pm the 4th of April 2011:

We will activate Download Freeze on all request torrents, all torrent packs and any torrent 10 GB or over in size. This means your download counter will not be updated for any of those torrents, your upload will still count. This gives everyone a good chance to get on torrents they may have been too afraid to touch and to build a good buffer at the same time too.

Also, a Birthday gift awaits you on your user page, you will see a button to activate a free upload credit. The longer you've been here the higher the credit will be. From 5 GB for the newest members up to 30 GB for the oldest members. Just click on your user-name and you'll see the button just under your join date in the page, it will say how many GB's you are due, then you just click it to activate your upload credit.

Double Up Donation credits will also remain active during the Birthday promotion week too.
    Here's to the past five years :beer2: and here's to the next five Happy Birthday to all the members of our community, we would like to thank you all for the support you have generously shown us throughout the years, from the staffing team at RevolutionTT.
    Very good tracker ! Now everyone here is a good chance to build a buffer!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    dont talk about those sukers ..
    they banned my country & disabled my account

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    they banned my country & disabled my account
    Those must have been separate incidents. RevTT allowed existing users to stay (although without invites) when they began banning countries.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Those must have been separate incidents. RevTT allowed existing users to stay (although without invites) when they began banning countries.
    in 2008/9, they ban.
    even through proxy didn't allow to login, later disabled.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    even through proxy didn't allow to login
    Makes sense if you look closer.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have to say the new style looks fuckin amazin

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    I have to say the new style looks fuckin amazin
    They only changed header, but that worked pretty good. The site looks a lot fresher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigel9 View Post
    Mp3 obviusly is superior. FLAC is only for nerds and n00bs, u cant even play it in iTunes so its basicaly useless.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

We will activate Download Freeze on all request torrents, all torrent packs and any torrent 10 GB or over in size. This means your download counter will not be updated for any of those torrents, your upload will still count. This gives everyone a good chance to get on torrents they may have been too afraid to touch and to build a good buffer at the same time too.

Not to bite the hand that feeds but if you have a problem sometimes it's simply easier to feign magnanimity and momentarily placate the masses than to look for real lasting solutions to that problem.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but what will largely happen is that people with poor speeds will download what they can ,make minimal progress on their " all important "ratio whist most others will simply seize the opportunity to "buffer up" and hit and run even worse in the future .

Sorry for the poor analogy by this is like a government sanctioning a weekend of looting because the economy is bad.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    'another' scene (0day) reacker. Nothing special. May be better than ipt but not better than tl in any ways.

And for completing 5 years, congrats to them. And also wish good luck for those who want to signup in that tracker by any means even using proxy, vpn etc
    Teh n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by robogo25 View Post
    They suck!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast