Thread: HDBits

Poster

Hello there! :-)

EDIT: If you're reading this thread, then I still need invite, if you can help me, please contact me via PM. Please do NOT offer me accounts or buying invites as I'm not a trader. Thanks.

Finally I decided to create this request. First of all, let me thank you for reading it. I really hope that someone from HDBits VIPs or above or just people that know and willing to help me will take a look on my modest writings .

I have a few very good, to my mind, reasons to join this Great Tracker. Moreover, I think that I can also be useful for this community. But all in good time.

As I've mentioned, I have a few reasons to join HDBits. I decided to split them into the paragraphs. Here they are:

• Firstly, some prehistory. I collect films (mainly BDRips (if BluRay is available) and HDTVRips (if BluRay is not available)) on my PC. It should be noted that I collect only films that I very liked – mainly it's films released up to 2000 year and mainly they are in Classic and Art-house genres. I started to collect them last summer and for this aim, for a start I've bought 1TB WD external HDD (in addition to my another 500GB internal HDD) and a new SONY TV. While I was collected them, I noticed that there are no decent BDRips for a lot of films in which I’m interested in. Hoping that I will find rare BDRips, or at least some of them, I joined AHD, BHD, HDT, TTG, HDBT, HD-Bits, x264 and some other HD trackers. But nevertheless I couldn't find BDRips or even HDTVRips that I needed (in spite of the fact that films that I was needed have been released on BluRay discs). Of course, sometimes I was finding some BDRips of interested movies, but in most cases they were without seeds or releases of awful quality. Once, I found CtrlHD release of one of my favorite films (it seems to me, I found it on HD-Bits.ro). After downloading this movie, I was such impressed by this quality, that I changed most of my movies to BDRips by CtrlHD. Then I decided to find out where is the home of CtrlHD and learned that it's HDBits. I found a list of HDBits internal release groups, downloaded some releases by them and I very liked it (not less than CtrlHD). After this, I'm trying to download only movies encoded by DON, ESiR, CtrlHD, EbP, CRiSC, iLL, NaRB, SLO and some other groups. It seems to me that that release groups are the best in the Internet. It should be emphasized that I very impressed by HDTVRips of the old and classics films encoded by DON, iLL, NaRB, SLO and CtrlHD. And they are the ONLY release groups that released some films (examples: Roman Holiday, Strangers on a Train, Twins, Touch of Evil, Papillon, Beethoven and many more (by request of potential inviter, could name some other films)). Also, at the moment I very often find interested art-house films encoded by above-mentioned release groups on file hostings (like rapidshare, depositfiles, etc.) and can't find them on trackers. Even if I find them on trackers, they are bad-seeded or does without seeders. Also, nowadays for many films which included in The Criterion Collection there are exist BDRips from old Bluray's, while HDBits internals always following for new BD's and make rips from the newest sources. For this fact I can also provide some examples by your request. It's well-known fact, that HDBits without any doubts have the largest collection of BDRips, including very rare and exclusive releases, that I need so much. If I would be interested in main-stream movies, I wouldn't requested this invite as modern movies of decent quality you can find practically in any tracker. It was the first and, I suppose the main reason why I'm want to join HDBits.
    • As I've mentioned, mainly I'm collecting films released up to 2000 year, but it doesn't mean that I'm not watching modern movies. I watch them as a rule, from BluRay discs. It's not a secret that HDBits also have the largest collection of BluRay discs. Yes, I have access to CHD, TTG. Yes, BluRay discs uploads on these trackers as soon as it's possible. But speeds there are not good. I usually download BluRay discs from there for about 2-3 days (!). I've heard that the most of users on HDBits are using seedboxes and speeds are very good there (even on old releases). Besides, I don't matter so much about the speed of the uploading of BD discs. I think when I'll finish downloading BD from TTG or CHD, a BluRay will be already released on HDBits.
    • Also I'm fond of TV-Shows. I'm watching both: and modern TV-Shows like Smallville, Dexter, for example, and also I like some old serials that are no longer in production (like The Wire, Prison Break, Lost, Charmed and some others). I know that HDBits have the largest collection of tv-shows in WEB-DL quality. And it's also very important for me.

I think I've explained the most important reasons I'm want to join HDBits. And now it's time to explain what can I contribute to HDBits and in what way I can be useful for this awesome community.

Well, if I would be a part of this tracker and if users are authorized to upload there, I would upload new torrents. I use a seedbox, have a decent speed and uploading a few torrents every week (or may be every day?) will be no problem for me. I have my uploads on BHD, HDT, BitHQ, PTP, GFT, What, KG and some other trackers and have some skills. As for my encoding abilities, no, I'm not yet an encoder. At the moment I only know how to work with containers, how to add/delete audio track(s), subtitle(s), video stream(s), how to synchronize audio streams. But anyway I'm planning to learn encoding in near future, and if it would a one of the condition of my potential inviter, I would work hard to learn it. But honestly, I don't think that the knowledges of encoding are such important for joining HDBits as there are so many great internal release groups on HDBits. Nevertheless, in spite of this I'd like to learn encoding just because I'm interested in it. What more can I offer to community? I think it's participation in discussions on forums, posting comments on torrents, assessing quality of the releases and share my opinion with another HDBits members.

Now, after explaining reasons why I'm want to join HDBits and how can I be useful for this tracker, a new question appears: “Why you should invite me?”.

As I've mentioned, I use a seedbox and a ratio will be no problem for me. I always take care of my accounts, read FAQ and rules carefully before using brand-new accounts and follow these rules. And if someone would invite me I would be very dignified user. I guarantee that I will achieve UHD user class and HDBits will be definitely the most used tracker of mine. You can be sure that using account very often, I'll make there a decent buffer of about a few TBs (or maybe a few tens of TBs) as I would download practically every torrent that I need from HDBits. I can provide profile links from decent, hard to seed HD and non-HD trackers, seedbox proofs, speedtests, screenshots of my BDRips collection. If you could help me, feel free to PM and ask me anything you want.

A very big plea: if you are able to help me or you just know where or how can I receive the help, please contact me, I'm also ready to get there by donation. I would be really appreciate for any help.

Thanks very much again for reading my composition

Regards,
    adfs.

And please, don't post here unless you can help me. Thanks.

edit: thanks YoYoY for correcting me

EDIT:
    Condensed version of my request.

This version was written to those who too lazy to read a full version of my request.

Well, I'd like to become a HDBits member mainly because of its internals. I very like CtrlHD, EbP, DON, ESiR, CRiSC, iLL, NaRB encodes. As I collect BDRips of art-house and classics genres, very often I can't find rare qualitative rips of some films. Besides, HDBits internals have many exclusive releases, especially HDTVRips which can't be found on another trackers (see examples in my full request). Without doubts, more than 60% of their encodes can't be found in any other HD tracker (or can be found but without seeders). Also HDBits encoders are also following for the newest blu-rays and re-encode their old releases. If I would be interested in mainstream movies, I wouldn't request this invite at all as nowadays practically every modern movie in decent quality you can find in ANY HD tracker, which is can't be said about classics and art-house movies.

Another reasons why I'm want to join it is a great amount of serials in WEB-DL quality. I also like some serials (Smallville, Lost, Prison Break, Supernatural, Dexter) and going to collect them too if find them in a decent quality. Nowadays I can't find some WEB-DL's in other HD trackers, while HDBits have the largest collection of them.

And of course, I'd like to join HDBits because of the largest collection of blu-rays, great number of peers, nice speeds, great community and generally cheerful atmosphere. I'm going to learn an encoding, so I think HDBits is also would be useful in this way.

I guarantee that I will use my account on a regular basis, take care of it, download practically every movie from HDBits. It will definitely my most used tracker. I use a seedbox, so ratio will be no problem for me. Also I can upload new torrents (I have my uploads on other HD and non-HD trackers). If someone can help, feel free to PM me. I can provide seedbox/ratio proofs from HD trackers with nice activity and everything else.

Cheers
    Last edited by adfs; 04-26-2011 at 06:23 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Unless you can help.

Edit: No problem, just though that this sentence will open the gate to the worldwide spammers to put trash in your request. Good luck with it .
    Last edited by YoYoY; 03-29-2011 at 04:10 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by adfs View Post
    Also I'm fond of TV-Shows. I'm watching both: and modern TV-Shows like Smallville, Dexter, for example, and also I like some old serials like The Wire, Prison Break, Lost and some other. I know that HDBits have the largest collection of tv-shows in WEB-DL quality. And it's also very important for me.

Also, please, do NOT post here unless you can help me. Thanks.
    Technically Smallville being on the air as it has since 2001 is older than The Wire ( 2002) ,Prison Break ( 2005) or Lost( 2004) . Maybe what you meant to say was "series no longer in production " .

Also please do not presume to tell me what to do .Thanks.

PS you left out the real reason that you want to join HDbits which like anyone else whether they are willing to admit it or not is that they think it is the most l337 place and that having a healthy ego they resent the fact others but not yet themselves have gained admittance .

PPS I don't "spam" I comment as I see fit so basically fuck off YoYoY .
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    If you're spending money on a seedbox and at the same time you are so much hooked up on HD stuff, why not pay for a subscription for Usenet? It has far more HD movies than all trackers combined, no ratio problems and the speed is also always maxed out, no matter the file in question.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    See paragraph 3 of my post.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Technically Smallville being on the air as it has since 2001 is older than The Wire ( 2002) ,Prison Break ( 2005) or Lost( 2004) . Maybe what you meant to say was "series no longer in production " .
    Yes, I meant exactly this. Thanks for rectification.

Also please do not presume to tell me what to do .Thanks.
    I'm not telling you what to do. I'm sorry if it looks this way. I don't forbid you to post here, it was just a plea.

PS you left out the real reason that you want to join HDbits which like anyone else whether they are willing to admit it or not is that they think it is the most l337 place and that having a healthy ego they resent the fact others but not yet themselves have gained admittance .
    I think I've fully explained why I need this tracker, I just started from some prehistory. As for "elitism" of this tracker, I don't care about it, I just need a tracker with great ammount of HD content, if I could find anything that I need on other HD trackers, I wouldn't request this invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    If you're spending money on a seedbox and at the same time you are so much hooked up on HD stuff, why not pay for a subscription for Usenet? It has far more HD movies than all trackers combined, no ratio problems and the speed is also always maxed out, no matter the file in question.
    Actually I haven't thought about this, I'm not very familiar with Usenet while I've been in a torrent world for a decent time. But anyway thanks for advice, I'll think about it.

See paragraph 3 of my post.
    I repeat: I want to join HDBits only because of content, (including rare and exclusive). Please don't judge a person if you don't know him enough. Thanks.
    Last edited by adfs; 03-29-2011 at 05:15 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7

I repeat: I want to join HDBits only because of content, (including rare and exclusive). Please don't judge a person if you don't know him enough. Thanks.
    I'm not judging anyone about anything.I think as regards trackers one reason is just as valid as the next ( even to risk heresy - collecting) . I do think though that it's disconcerting not to (apparently ) be able to admit the truth to oneself .
    What you see as reason I see as justification (I've done some of that myself btw ). If you ( or others ) disagree or find that offensive fine , sorry .

Btw you don't have to defend yourself to me .It's just my opinion and this being a forum ( and sadly the majority of it dearth of activity ) I tend to comment ( in this section) whether appreciated by people or not.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-29-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    I'll make there a decent buffer of about a few TBs (or maybe a few tens of TBs).
    There's nothing cool about having huge ratios and TB-sized buffers. You're making it harder for others to keep a good ratio by overseeding so much.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I'll make there a decent buffer of about a few TBs (or maybe a few tens of TBs).
    There's nothing cool about having huge ratios and TB-sized buffers. You're making it harder for others to keep a good ratio by overseeding so much.
    Torrenting is not social service. I have TBs of buffers myself on all my trackers and I am proud of it. If someone cares so much about other people, why not pay for their seedbox?

@OP

Invites are closed at HDBits. No one can send it, including VIPs
    Last edited by MummyDaddy; 03-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster
    I'm not judging anyone about anything.I think as regards trackers one reason is just as valid as the next ( even to risk heresy - collecting) . I do think though that it's disconcerting not to (apparently ) be able to admit the truth to oneself .
    What you see as reason I see as justification (I've done some of that myself btw ). If you ( or others ) disagree or find that offensive fine , sorry .

Btw you don't have to defend yourself to me .It's just my opinion and this being a forum ( and sadly the majority of it dearth of activity ) I tend to comment ( in this section) whether appreciated by people or not.
    It's your right. As I've said if I would be interested in main-stream movies, I wouldn't requested this invite as modern movies of decent quality you can find practically in any tracker, but I'm interested in classics, art-house and another rare movies which releases are mostly exclusive to HDBits.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    It have been just said to let a potential inviter know that I will regularly use an account and will download everything I need from there. I don't buffer my accounts specially (except free leeches), I use them as they needed.

This thread is turning into flooding-room, I think it have to be closed. I'm still looking for HDBits invite. If someone can help, PM me. I'm ready to wait until invite system is open for a few hours.

Thanks again to Cabalo for Usenet advice, I'll also think about it.

All the best.
    Last edited by adfs; 04-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.