Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Private Tracker .. TSH

I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vBooM View Post
    yes of course i am wazza you idiot how did you know? Retard
    The first poster almost always is. Sorry, you fell in a trap countless other owners have.

Now to tear you a new one. You're pretimes aren't bad. But they're aren't all good; I think those GROUPFAiL DVDR fixes which are less than 1mbyte took around 2 minutes. However, as usual the rest of your pretimes are similar to the 15+ other sites racing scene content, which begs me to wonder two things:
    You're probably leeching from the same P2L site as most other small sites.
    You're probably not going to be much different from those 15 other small sites :/

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    You're probably not going to be much different from those 15 other small sites :/
    This.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitUser View Post
    Some torrent in TSH bet the SCC pretime.
    Cool. I'm sure I can watch that movie in those 20 extra seconds it'd take SCC or any other site to post it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    This.

IMO, They're all leeching from the same site... this coincidence happens over and over, and shouldn't happen if each site were to be leeching from it's own scene site. With this in mind, those other sites should be providing the exact same content within say 30 seconds of each other.
    Last edited by TONiC; 04-03-2011 at 06:20 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    IMO, They're all leeching from the same site... this coincidence happens over and over, and shouldn't happen if each site were to be leeching from it's own scene site. With this in mind, those other sites should be providing the exact same content within say 30 seconds of each other.
    You know you're wrong, right?
    Ellipses go here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post

You know you're wrong, right?
    Yeh I must be, considering all the possible variables involved: group affil site speed, amount of racers, place of p2l site in scene hierarchy, P2L site speed, not to mention the hardware variations [RAM, HDD Vs SSD] of all the servers inbetween. Surely there has to be a greater amount of variation in pre-time if each BT site had it's own topsite? Ofcourse there should[!], but this is not the case - the only real variation that occurs is within the "final" leg of the race when all the BT auto-seedboxes are leeching and racing against eachother... *Waits for counter argument, expects none.*

[Edit - thought of yet more points in my argument]
    Hell, you're even forgetting the basic property of a P2L site: it has multiple customers if it wants to remain profitable. By defacto this must be a lot of "customers"/people/seedboxes leeching according to the finish times of the P2L site.
    Last edited by TONiC; 04-03-2011 at 06:56 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I just want to be clear on this before I spend any more time on this tracker.
    Are the pretimes AWESOME!!!!! , AWESOME! or merely Awesome ?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Evelyn's Avatar ¡¡ ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what is TsH.. please tick one from below

1. TSH Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone
    2. TSH Tanzanian Shilling
    3. TSH Taru Sormusten Herrasta
    4. TSH Transsphenoidal Hypophysectomy
    5. TSH Topeka State Hospital
    6. TSH The Slaughter House
    7. TSH Target Sleeve Housing
    8. TSH Teknisk Skole Hillerød
    9. TSH Tennessee Soldier's Home
    10. TSH Tripping So Hard

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Yeh I must be, considering all the possible variables involved: group affil site speed, amount of racers, place of p2l site in scene hierarchy, P2L site speed, not to mention the hardware variations [RAM, HDD Vs SSD] of all the servers inbetween. Surely there has to be a greater amount of variation in pre-time if each BT site had it's own topsite? Ofcourse there should[!], but this is not the case - the only real variation that occurs is within the "final" leg of the race when all the BT auto-seedboxes are leeching and racing against eachother... *Waits for counter argument, expects none.*

[Edit - thought of yet more points in my argument]
    Hell, you're even forgetting the basic property of a P2L site: it has multiple customers if it wants to remain profitable. By defacto this must be a lot of "customers"/people/seedboxes leeching according to the finish times of the P2L site.
    You know that some sites intentionally slow down their pretimes, in order not to get caught, right? You realize that the "scene" pretty much has an empirical courier-time when things spread because of their racing ability, and depending on the level of access, the bittorrent sites have to hide what they're doing based on using more than one re-upload or more than one site, right? You realize that some sites run their own topsites, right? You realize that some sites have uploaders with their own respective access, right? You realize that the limiting factor isn't on the topsite end or the racing end, but is on the auto-upload and torrent creation end, right? You realize that some site-ops take pride in being on "the maximum amount of topsites" while providing for their own site, right?

Matter of the fact is, courier groups do a fantastic job, and if you think that just because bittorrent sites seem to be "close" to one another on pretimes, then they are supported by the same site/group then you have a lot more to find out/learn about how pretimes work.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I'm good for you.
    You know that some sites intentionally slow down their pretimes, in order not to get caught, right? You realize that the "scene" pretty much has an empirical courier-time when things spread because of their racing ability, and depending on the level of access, the bittorrent sites have to hide what they're doing based on using more than one re-upload or more than one site, right? You realize that some sites run their own topsites, right?
    Once again, surely the greater variation in pretimes is an indicator in the use of seperate scene sites? Yes BT sites may slow down their pre-times - especially for affild groups [wouldnt want another SCC before pre would we?], but this is going on the basis each BT site has it's own topsite behind it, so as to slow down releases specific to it.
    If bt site 1 uses a ranked top site [Leased line/high quality BW + quality hardware] it is going to have much faster pre times than bt site 2, who uses a rented-OVH P2L site [low quality BW, less security = lower respect = less quality affils and racers, possibly worse hw]. But what we see is that there is, in the example I used, a mere 20 second gap [between winner and loser] on a DVDR release [where these variables are sure to have a greater impact due to the size of the data being transferred.]

You realize that the limiting factor isn't on the topsite end or the racing end, but is on the auto-upload and torrent creation end, right? You realize that some site-ops take pride in being on "the maximum amount of topsites" while providing for their own site, right?
    Limitting factors exist through out; releases dont just appear out of thin air, they have to start at only a few sites and spread as such. In between all this spreading you have to get variation. HAVE TO, ie, poor routing between sites [OVH to a .kr wont compete against a .ch to .kr], low amount of racers, SSDs Vs HDDs [there is a fucking lot of difference between these two.] This all builds up into a vast difference between pretime if each bt site were to use its own site, but as far as I can see this is practically none existant.

Matter of the fact is, courier groups do a fantastic job, and if you think that just because bittorrent sites seem to be "close" to one another on pretimes, then they are supported by the same site/group then you have a lot more to find out/learn about how pretimes work.
    Curry groups are no more than people with auto-traders. And I'm not talking about publicly released scripts or programs like Preee, but custom programmed specific for their use. I agree this automation removes the human error, but it cannot counter, say, hardware limitation of read/write rates. I think you forget that the scene has a ranking system do demonstrate which sites the "best" and "worst" so to speak, and that this in itself shows that variation must occur as not all sites are equal. If anything, I've demonstrate I know how pre times work, now cut the scare tactics.
    Last edited by TONiC; 04-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast