Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Private Tracker .. TSH

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Many many curry groups do not have "scripts". That's the whole point of having curry groups with many members, in case you didn't know. Otherwise topsites can race amongst one another without problems. They may have a script for the "to" end of the race, but they don't really want to linkback between the different sites. Moreover, curry groups race amongst themselves, any variation is simply annihilated based on the fact that the person with the most adept (read: fat) pipe is going to win in the end. When you have groups that do their shit right, that turns the race into an almost robotic deed.

Limiting factors are overcome all the time. Some sites in the torrent world even beat actual topsites for some races, that's how limited everything is. However, to reach the assumption that the entire scene-p2p leak is actually ONE site is rather humiliating, to be honest. How come some sites are still racing full throttle today? How come whenever topsite busts happened in the past for sites like SCC/ScT/TL none of the others were affected? You realize that even within sites like SCC itself many members upload using their own access, and the different uploaders have different responsibilities depending on what their access specializes in? At the very least acknowledge that very few people in the scene are scene only nowadays, because put simply, it's rather easy proving how many "famous" groups actually have p2p influence. This isn't the first (is it even?) p2p site bust, and it won't be the last because there's more out there.

I actually had a much longer response typed out but I'll shorten it to: Please don't revel in your own ignorance, you seem reasonable enough, and for you to reach an assumption such as this is a true testament to what BT makes of the intelligent mind.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I'm good for you.
    Busts may have little affect due to the decentralisation of the scene - groups are on multiple sites, protected by encryption at every step of the way [truecrypt + FiSH + BNC + FTP SSL] but it may further depend on the type of the investiagtion such as Operation Site Down [FBI ran two topsites]. But still, this decentralisation, in that there are certainly over 120 topsites in the world, only guarantees variables in how sites are set up and operated.

Agreed, some BT sites beat scene sites. With the variation I've been talking about this is sure to occur some time naturally (that a release following a certain path of sites hit BT before say some lowly rented crap], but even more so for BT sites which own/run the scene site behind it. But this is an expensive and complicated task; you need a sysop and coders who know what they are doing, if they are not only going to turn the BT site into a desired place, but the scene site itself [believe it or not you really can do marvelous things with an IRC chan ]. P2L is merely the cheaper and easier option [especially when SpX21 is selling axx and autoscripts at the same time], but those wishing to put in the extra investment like SCC will see the benefits -> faster pre times and are able to guarantee their own security (which has been tested before in SCC's case, when BREIN confiscated servers).

I'll accept it's not just one scene site leaking content, as to say there is a limitation on the number of sysops who could sell leech slots would be incorrect. However, when you consider that most sysops do not want to get busted easily, that immediately puts the number of P2L sites as the minority of scene sites. When you combined lasy BT site sysops [with the motivation of making a quick buck] with easy accessibility of content [which they distribute through a BT site, and receive donations in return], all you get is a whole bunch of shit BT 0-day sites. And this thread is witness to that.

[Editted: you used testament in your last sentence first... thesaurus'd it, chose witness instead ]
    Last edited by TONiC; 04-03-2011 at 09:24 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    I realy aint the owner mate so dunno wtf your talking, oh wait your talking shit.

Common sense, pre times are based on quality of the scripts used, the servers used, connections etc, anyone with half a brain could do it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    fuckin guy just comes out of the blue and talks about his site like he ain't one of 'em
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    fuckin guy just comes out of the blue and talks about his site like he ain't one of 'em
    Yes because 0day trackers are looking for idiots like you to join

Look home you soft cunt

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    ))) so who is spammin his good-less site now ;p
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You're a fucking idiot, Bionic.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Actually rarely people care about pre-times, it's all about content, finding some old, rare Movie/TV Show/ETC which has enough seeds to download at reasonable speeds is what makes a good tracker to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    good tracker

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoda View Post
    good tracker
    Good bump.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast