Thread: Article: Firefox Slow? Check Your Add-Ons, Says Mozilla

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    It's pretty ironic how "fastest fox" is number 8 on making firefox slow lol. Over the past few years I have acquired alot of add-ons and it takes around 7-10 seconds for firefox to start for me...

Although once it's started once after a reboot it usually starts within 3 seconds, and the browsing in generally the fastest compared to other browsers(ie, chrome, msn[lol]).
    I haven't bothered getting the new firefox 4 yet as I'm so satisfied with the old version, i see no reason to upgrade lol.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Poster
    The addons are worth the extra load time to me. Without the addons I would NOT use firefox, I would use Chrome or Opera. Without Adblock plus surfing the internet on many sites is not tolerable to me anymore. After reading this I might disable FlashGot for a while, the other few addons I use will be staying.

Actually My load time is only about 2-3 seconds anyway. My memory usage can get somewhat high, but it is manageable. (core2duo E6600 4gb ram, SSD)
    Last edited by usr; 04-04-2011 at 08:42 PM.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I agree with one above comments, if I need a quick browser window without plugins, I pop open a Chrome window. Otherwise Firefox with plugins runs without delay. The one slowdown I did experience though was using the Lavahot theme (I think that was the name), damn, the entire browser was so friggin' laggy with that theme

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    lol, i've looked through these forums and i've noticed that MOST of u ppl install way too many undesirable addons. i currently have 2 addons installed in firefox and prob had MAYBE up to 5 total at one time back in the ff2 days.

tbh, ff runs just about as fast as chrome imo minus graphx processing for certain things that chrome does a lot better, but then again most of that junk gets filtered out with firefoxes adblocker because i don't care to see that junk.

my advice? delete all ur crap u've acquired from ff over the years and start a fresh.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?