Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHDBits open interview!

snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Is there a review besides the one year old to this tracker ?? I want to apply but first i want to know a little bit more about it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    It's one of the very best dedicated HD trackers around. Their internal group is the most active HD group out there these days, releasing a number of encodes, remuxes and full Blu-rays every day, often the first to do so, beating the traditional scene more often than not, too.

All internal releases are 50% or even full free leech. Speeds are excellent on new releases, and retention is very good also (especially when it comes to internal releases), although speeds can vary on older releases depening on your whereabouts.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    *redundant crap cut*

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post

FIXED
    If u think a bit u realize that any new person who will join now will have focus to download everything and will delete it immediately as soon as initial activity passes away.
    That's a pretty clueless statement and doesn't "fix" anything. A seedbox helps spreading releases faster even if the user is not the original uploader. The more upstream bandwidth the swarm has at its proposal, the better.
    And with a seedbox, a new user does not have to download every release, that's nonsense, especially when it comes to HD releases. Some upload 1TB in a few days with a seedbox, that can be easily done on CHDBits knowing that seeding is relatively easy there.

1TB upload in a month can be achieved without a seedbox even, although that's quite a challenge depending on the bandwidth available.

For users of most part of world no its not with NORMAL activity (Unless u term 24x7 running normal)
    Didn't you already figure out yourself that "normal" users isn't what CHDBits are looking for? Of course that's not 'normal activity' in most parts of the world, but why should CHDbits care? They have more than enough 'normal' users already.

If you meet the criteria,

Already specified

PS : Any one knw hw much GB dey are offering per $? Since i did'nt have fast connection I was thinking of buying few TB upload
    So basically, your problem is that you don't meet the criteria and it pisses you off so much that you have to badmouth the tracker. Well, tough luck.
    No "the problem" is that it's just silly and he felt like saying so.
    As for the rest of the questionable questionnaire why even bother asking for movie preferences ( or if you even watch what you download for that matter ) ,your age ( unlikely anyone truly mature is going to be running a seedbox on a bt tracker ) and the like when obviously it makes not one whit of difference in the outcome ?

Like you astutely noted "they " aren't looking for "normal" users in this "open " application anyway .. normal presumably being someone who just likes movies and wants to actually watch what they download( 1Tb )-not make a occupation of it - ridiculous things like that ) .

Btw I do realize that they just stole the gist of the application from more sane other places before you regale me with a counter argument.

One last thing

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-05-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Well, I just don't see the problem for the simple fact that they actually give users an opportunity to join (while many other 'rare' trackers don't). You may not like their criteria, but nobody forces you to accept them right? Nobody forces you to join the tracker either. It's their tracker, their rules.

CHDBits has over 30,000 users, the tracker is very active and they don't need an influx of new users to 'revive' it, far from it. What they do need / want is seedboxes to help spreading their releases faster. This is an opportunity for those users, or other users who meet the high bandwidth criteria (theoretically, 3.5-4Mbit/s upstream bandwidth is enough to upload 1TB in a month if seeding 24/7 - difficult, but not impossible to achieve without a seedbox, depending on your connection). I can't see what's wrong with that. Should they just keep their doors shut instead?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Why not ask for new members that seed their files for months/years/ever ... and make that a critical aspect of the recruiting process.

From what I've heard CHDBits has good, to excellent speeds on new releases, but on the older releases they sometimes lack speed and retention.

So they don't need more users picking up everything with their seedboxes, and seeding 2 days and thus deleting their files.

Anyone can rent a GBIT-seedbox for 1 month and upload multiple TB the first month and than get rid of the seedbox
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    That's actually an argument that makes sense.

Still, seeding HD content over a long period of time is probably an even more demanding criteria than the bandwidth one. Very few users actually do that (-> space necessary), and how are you going to verify that? Just add an user and wait a year to see how he has done?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i think its the end of this tracker , they want make money as fast as they can then run run...
    Vectoral FTW!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No, it is obvious they are NOT looking for "normal" movie watchers...

In fact, the "type" of member they are looking for may have difficulty viewing the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    simple they want members from Sweden with 100mbps up-speed
    I think the applicants without having a seedbox are likely to be rejected...............

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    they limit their upload bandwidth on new releases anyway so seedboxes are pointless. On my home connection I can seed almost 200GB for a full BD because it is seeding for 3 days before it even finishes

CHD should only really be joined if you want to download full BD sources or Chinese TV shows

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast