Thread: Article: Bashing Microsoft 'like kicking a puppy,' says Linux Foundation chief

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    Linux FTW!

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Let's celebrate this victory by playing some ga... oh wait nevermind.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by haganebr View Post
    Let's celebrate this victory by playing some ga... oh wait nevermind.
    You celebrate it nearly every day by browsing the web... I believe most people are using the web more often than they are gaming. It was also made apparent that they never broke into the desktop market...
    So what I'm trying to say is that I know where you were trying to communicate with the comment... but it wasn't well thought out.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    You make it sound like Linux is only good for web browsing so stop putting Linux down friend. It's a ball ache to use comparing it to windows (drivers etc) but to say it's a free OS that has very good support I've got massive respect for the likes of Ubuntu etc

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Uh you read that incorrectly then. The server(s) that host the websites you visit are typically running a Linux OS. So browsing the web made possible by those SERVERS is the act of celebration to which I'm referring. Also, it's not a ball ache, it was actually more pleasant than XP. The problem comes down to application availability, WINE isn't a very universal solution. I used to run one computer on Linux and the other on XP, however I've taken a strong liking to Win7 and it's my OS of choice for now.