Thread: Article: How a 75-Year Old Woman Killed the Internet In Two Countries

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    cutting internet for thousands sounds easy, but that can hardly be called killing the internet in two countries...

Why is fiber optic cable just laying around anyway? Seems like an animal could go up and chew on it. I have to take measures to protect my power cord to my laptop from cat teeth in my own home and they leave their fiber optic cable that unprotected?

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I've seen some photos of surfaced fiber optics cables just lying around, like trash. There's a famous one illustrating how internet arrives to Iceland, and it's in a rocky beach, a normal cable with a couple of buoys signaling the place.
    Anyone could get there and in an instant cut the entire country's access.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    I'm good for you.
    Just demonstrates the weakness in infrastructure that so many countries face.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    stupid ISP ... 1 wire for 2 countries ? REALLY?!?!?!

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Internet service to Georgia and Armenia? Really? It doesn't surprise me it was essentially an extension cord running from a neighbor's house. It's most likely how they get their cable channels too...