Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paranoid...

BANNED
    well it they get the people with only a few they are wasteing time and money

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    You scare more people away by going after anyone. Especially those with a few. Look how many of the larger sharers here feel safe by using the search blocking function.

If word gets out that anyone is free game and not just larger sharers, then many more of the smaller users will leave.

That doesn't seem like a waste of money to me.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by tracydani@30 November 2003 - 09:56
    You scare more people away by going after anyone. Especially those with a few. Look how many of the larger sharers here feel safe by using the search blocking function.

If word gets out that anyone is free game and not just larger sharers, then many more of the smaller users will leave.

That doesn't seem like a waste of money to me.

TD
    Well I certainly wouldn't leave, no matter what they do!!!
    So they would be wasting money, in my view!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    LOL, I don't think they are too worried about the people on 56k I could be wrong though

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

5. File Sharing   -   #15

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by tracydani@30 November 2003 - 10:06
    LOL, I don't think they are too worried about the people on 56k I could be wrong though

TD
    I am not on 56K !!! LOL!!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    LOL, sorry. Thought I had read that somewhere

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Supernatural@29 November 2003 - 10:31
    It's impossible to get sued while using the latest K-Lite w/ Bad IP blocker and privacy enabled.
    RIAA has already tried to sue people (on accident) that weren't even running Kazaa. Then threatened them... when they realized THEIR mistake.

Whether they can prove anything or not doesn't seem to make much difference to THEM anymore.

All their list of your (supposed) shared files is good for/intended for is to strongarm you to settling out of court or getting a court order for MORE evidence (a full-scale fishing expedition if need-be)...including confiscating practically anything computer-related you own.

If you bend over and take it they could care less if you're innocent or guilty... it still has the same effect.

Bullies and assholes WANT you to be afraid of them.

Anyone here SERIOUSLY interesting in turning the tables on them needs to private message me.
    What I will suggest is strictly legal, but...unusual...so I won't suggest it here.
    Computer experience + networking experience is a must, so please only those who have that are can get 'up to speed' quickly need apply.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Switeck@30 November 2003 - 15:11

What I will suggest is strictly legal, but...unusual...so I won't suggest it here.
    Computer experience + networking experience is a must, so please only those who have that are can get 'up to speed' quickly need apply.
    Dammit, you got my curiosity but I lack the skills

Oh well, just clue us in sometime.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani+30 November 2003 - 08:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 30 November 2003 - 08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@30 November 2003 - 15:11

What I will suggest is strictly legal, but...unusual...so I won&#39;t suggest it here.
    Computer experience + networking experience is a must, so please only those who have that are can get &#39;up to speed&#39; quickly need apply.
    Dammit, you got my curiosity but I lack the skills

Oh well, just clue us in sometime.

TD [/b][/quote]
    Simple - turn the tables and start hunting them.
    If their monitoring is in any way effective, it HAS to be quite a bit of bandwidth at the supernode level.
    What if we started setting up supernodes to hunt for just that sort of traffic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12