Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self updating list of usenet conectivity to FREE/? IPV6,IPV4 news servers

Now not all are free open servers on the list but all the working free servers I know of on the list.

http://wattcher.015.info/newsserver.txt link down you will have to use a ping test to get ~this info for now until a new source is found.

Here is the list last time I went to the page.

Fri Aug 27 16:00:01 CEST 2010

absolutely good: news.readfreenews.net -- IPv4-only -- max number of connections is 3 . Binary response (Looks good) 211 1 367598 367598 alt.binaries.boneless
    absolutely good: newszilla6.xs4all.nl -- IPv6-only -- max number of connections is 3 . Binary response (Looks good) 211 2000001 1687084702 1689084702 alt.binaries.boneless
    could be good: news.casema.nl -- IPv4-only -- max number of connections is 4 . Binary response (Account needed?) 480 Authentication Required
    could be good: news.just4today.net -- IPv4-only -- max number of connections is 2 . Binary response (Account needed?) 480 Authentication required for command
    could be good: reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl -- IPv6-only -- max number of connections is 25 . Binary response (Account needed?) 480 Authentication required for command
    could be good: reader.xsnews.nl -- IPv4-only -- max number of connections is 25 . Binary response (Account needed?) 480 Authentication required for command
    mediocre response: news.kpn.nl -- IPv4-only -- connection achieved, but then immediately refused maybe because of failed authentication 502 news.kpn.nl: Access denied to your node - [email protected]
    mediocre response: nova.planet.nl -- IPv4-only -- connection achieved, but then immediately refused maybe because of failed authentication 502 news.kpn.nl: Access denied to your node - [email protected]
    not good at all: freebin-auth.readnews.com -- IPv4-only -- server unreachable; no NNTP connection at all
    not good at all: news2v6.telesweet.net -- IPv6-only -- server unreachable; no NNTP connection at all
    not good at all: news.ipv6.eweka.nl -- IPv6-only -- server unreachable; no NNTP connection at all
    not good at all: news.telesweet.net -- IPv4-only -- server unreachable; no NNTP connection at all

Fri Aug 27 16:00:32 CEST 2010
    Last edited by rdtphd; 04-09-2011 at 05:30 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The only one I ever used in there is just4today.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 08-27-2010 at 02:42 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    "all the working free servers I know of"

hmm, while for instance this "absolutely good: news.readfreenews.net" seems to have the required news sections there is absolutely nothing in them not even old text headers, as though they have NEVER even Once peered with any external real binary news server to get the headers and actual content in any binary group Ever.

its not even ever been used as a local store for their local binary content, as if it had, at least some of their common binary groups would Have to Peer with some external Usenet server and so auto download the external servers current headers at that time ,before it could even upload the local stored files to that external news server to pass it on....

did you even check these accessible servers such as above to see if it even actually holds the data in for instance alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 ?

that group has daily and even updates by the minute at times. http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php...ries.hdtv.x264
    Last edited by pip99; 10-09-2010 at 02:31 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Just pay for Usenet, I'm so tired of people bitching about free servers, free this, I can't connect, just cough up $11 a month, it's worth every little stinking penny.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    i agree im with usenet @ US$ 10 per month plenty of speed and retention is good enough

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    For the new stuff i use just4today.

Works fine with SABnzbd and the speed is around 250Kb/s. Better than a public torrent tracker

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Just pay for Usenet, I'm so tired of people bitching about free servers, free this, I can't connect, just cough up $11 a month, it's worth every little stinking penny.
    Some would argue that in these hard economic times, even $11/month is a lot of money but my theory is, if you go to the movie theater once a month, you've already spent more than $11 and you only get to see one movie...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pip99 View Post
    "all the working free servers I know of"

hmm, while for instance this "absolutely good: news.readfreenews.net" seems to have the required news sections there is absolutely nothing in them not even old text headers, as though they have NEVER even Once peered with any external real binary news server to get the headers and actual content in any binary group Ever.

its not even ever been used as a local store for their local binary content, as if it had, at least some of their common binary groups would Have to Peer with some external Usenet server and so auto download the external servers current headers at that time ,before it could even upload the local stored files to that external news server to pass it on....

did you even check these accessible servers such as above to see if it even actually holds the data in for instance alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 ?

that group has daily and even updates by the minute at times. http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php...ries.hdtv.x264
    I said all the free ones I knew of were on the list not that all the ones on the list had free available content. so suck it, u blew a bunch of steam is all I can tell. I am posting guides and resources. you are complaining, ur option is to shut up and not use the resources since you know everything already.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    whats with ur high horse. I read ur post always putting ppl down and trying to one up them. last one i read was u saying ~'had hermes manager for last 6 months only reason u have it is bc he quit and made it open source' really get over urself. not a direct quote but thats how it read.

I dont think you will find a post from me complaining about not being able to connect. my guess is you are in management since ur solution is throw money at it instead education of users.

so my liberty type response
    "I have never paid that much for usenet. I have always done superior market research for paid access and chosen the proven best cost/access is at the 7.95 a month price point. i am tired of people not doing proper market research."

if ~$5-15 a month is an acceptable trade off for the effort it takes to keep free usenet working then go for paid access. its on an individual basis. if a user is willing to put in a small amount of effort to keep usenet access working for free let them do it and if they ask for help and you dont want to help dont respond bc they prolly dont care about ur response saying just pay for usenet.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    newsgroupie
    I don't understand the point in digging up an old discussion just to slam people for what they said 6 months ago. (especially people who have not even posted in that long)

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I don't understand the point in digging up an old discussion just to slam people for what they said 6 months ago. (especially people who have not even posted in that long)
    He finally got around to checking back to his thread I guess? Since 19/10/2010 he's only made 3 posts, 2 of them being today. So for him it just might be a delayed response and not so much digging it up. I've done that with threads before... I can't remember if it was to belatedly lash out at someone though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast