Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Windows 7 just overtook XP in the United States

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    With a figure so close it's hard to tell if it's accurate. Change one variable in how the test was conducted/to what extent and the whole figure changes.

Windows XP is still a big presence, especially in the corporate space where many have resisted upgrading, but Windows 7 seems to finally have set the upgrade train rolling.
    The cost of upgrading to a completely different operating system should never be taken likely as it disrupts productivity. You have to weigh up the options, what does this operating system provide that the previous operating system doesn't? - A new interface and supposed higher security (UAC).

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    I predict : Windows 8 will bring more chaos into this already mess. Normal people will mass migrate to Apple. Geeks and Nerds will be stable Linux users since most of the work will be webified shortly anyway

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Normal people will mass migrate to Apple
    Mac people say that every time a new Windows OS come out lmao

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by duke0102 View Post
    Normal people will mass migrate to Apple
    Mac people say that every time a new Windows OS come out lmao
    The difference being, I am a Windows and Linux user.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    I predict : Windows 8 will bring more chaos into this already mess. Normal people will mass migrate to Apple.
    Why would anyone want to go to a closed system such as a Mac? Other than getting on Stevie's nuts sack.
    Last edited by sandman_1; 04-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    I predict : Windows 8 will bring more chaos into this already mess. Normal people will mass migrate to Apple.
    Why would anyone want to go to a closed system such as a Mac? Other than getting on Stevie's nuts sack.

Casual users ( which is the overwhelming majority ) don't give a damn if something is open or closed. They just want a simple, working, beautiful shiny OS/hardware.
    Last edited by A; 04-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Mac is no threat to MS on desktop OS. Mac is also not a threat to linux on the server market. Mac is also not a threat to MS on the gaming market, controlled by their DX api on desktops and the Xbox on the consoles.
    So, I can't see anyone migrating to macOS. Around here the very few people who migrated from Windows, they chose Ubuntu.

In the US they have managed to reach more than 10% market share, whilst on EU they don't go even to 5%.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 04-09-2011 at 05:35 PM.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Mac is a serious alternative OS for the average user. Why aren't users changing? Simple, Microsoft has the OS monopoly and their OS's are pre-installed on most builds. Will the average user even know how to install a fresh install? - Probably not.

Don't bother mentioning the argument about computability, we all know of ways around it via environments and emulators. Most drivers come for all platforms so that's not a valid argument either.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 04-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    The difference being, I am a Windows and Linux user.
    I never said you were a Mac user

Casual users
    the casual user will want cheap (Windows/Linux) and easy to use every day (Windows)

I couldn't believe Linux was 0.7% on there, I thought it'd be higher than that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast