View Poll Results: Do you think k-lite can stand the "pressure" being put on it as eMule gets bigger and bigg

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, k-lite has, and always will be the ruling P2P programme

123 50.00%
  • Not sure... eMule IS getting bigger... who knows?!

66 26.83%
  • Nope... k-lite is being defeated... eMule is rising... long live the Mule

57 23.17%
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: K-lite Defeated By Emule

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    i guess as you can all see, in the past few months, eMule which i happen to have myself and download with it, seems to be "taking over" the P2P world...
    im israeli, and the israeli network is massive, a lot bigger than the k-lite community although most people have both programmes, most use k-lite for music, and eMule for films/programmes.

tralalala

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    first to vote

guess what i said?

if emule was faster, i'd like it even more
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    It is a fact htat e-mule is a rising star in Europe. But to be honest, that queing is something that&#39;s preventing me from using e-mule at the time.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    One thing I don&#39;t understand is why people bashed Kazaa when it first implemented the infamous Participation Level, when eMule works almost the same way with its upload credit rewards.
    These credits are the ones to blame for slow downloads and queues up to 5000&#33;

Since the ed2k network allows sharing partial files, why can&#39;t it be like BitTorrent?
    I think the credit system is clogging up the whole ed2k network.

Also the server based network is starting to look like Direct Connect. Rules get people blacklisted for sharing too many files (it&#39;s recommended not to share more than 200 files) or simply because they are downloading too many files.

No wonder why serverless Overnet hasn&#39;t got much popularity. Those who have established their own ed2k servers don&#39;t want to let go, because of their so called "prestige".

I agree the ed2k network is the best when it comes to contents, but it lacks the decentralized feature and also the credit reward system should be reviewed.
    With all this, the ed2k network is considered an elite network when it shouldn&#39;t, because it&#39;s obviously the one with the most potential to kill kazaa for good.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    There is project for emule that will make it serverless it called Kademlia and there has already been a couple of releases.

But to be totally honest the edonkey network is a mess, diffrent clients supporting diffrent things edonkey for instance supports the hording system which supposly makes speeds faster then you have emule that which has this credit system while shareaza doesnt support either, you also have incompatibiltys between them and overnet plus the queues are what is slowing the network i&#39;ve personally seen queues of 100,000.

I think gnutella2(shareaza) is better than all plus it has alot shorter queues like kazaa has, it&#39;s also growing at a steady rate, the client does support other networks gnutella1, edonkey and bittorent, while some of the support has been poor in past the client has improved tremediously.

There also a program called Ares http://www.softgap.com/ which has grown very quickly and is very similar to kazaa, actualy you could say it copied the
    fasttrack(kazaa) network even down to the supernodes it also doesnt have spy or adware and even has chat rooms.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    right ill tell you what:
    eMule works better than kazaa because most (actually nearly all) files have a numerouse list of sources (between 20 and 800), which is why leaving on eMule at night works perfect.

your right, i wouldnt mind someone like Yuri to hack eMule and produce an "eMue Lite", because sometimes the queue list is like 4000....
    actually there are some "hacked" eMules... where the credit is like 30 MB (mine is only 100 KB ), but those versions never seem to connect.

also, eMule has verified network downloads all over the world, unlike k-lite which has this forum (which is great&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 and a few others... actually, i only started using eMule after fasttrackmovies came down.... man that was a good site.

anyway, we&#39;ll see how this poll goes to see what the majority of members think, and we&#39;ll see if you think k-lite has a chance. i mean, k-lite still has some 20 million users whereas eMule and eDonkey have around 2 million.

tralalala

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by tralalala@10 November 2003 - 07:37
    your right, i wouldnt mind someone like Yuri to hack eMule and produce an "eMue Lite", because sometimes the queue list is like 4000....
    There&#39;s no need to hack eMule the way "Yuri" "hacked" kazaa; there&#39;re no ads. If you want a clean p2p-client other than k-lite use dr damn&#39;s cleaned clients.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by tralalala@10 November 2003 - 18:37
    k-lite still has some 20 million users

tralalala
    Where?..Ive never seen more than 3.5 million online

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by nostalgia@9 November 2003 - 22:37
    It is a fact htat e-mule is a rising star in Europe. But to be honest, that queing is something that&#39;s preventing me from using e-mule at the time.
    I don&#39;t think the queing is any different then kazaa. Just the fact that you can see the line your in is different. Either way, you are still in line with other sources who&#39;s connections are full.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i find emule one of the most stupidest programs ever made.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast