Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pg Blocklist For Zonealarm, I Did All The Work

Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@29 November 2003 - 10:10
    i sleep one day and wake up the next and found myself in a puddle of poop!!!

i've started getting rid of all the "evidence" shredding digital files, destroying copied cds, acidify hdds...
    Tell me your not serious.

What Network Was The Letter On...

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    Double Agent
    bittorrent...

i've backed up all my important documents and few other of my work onto a hdd and deleted all my illegal stuff...for real...

i feel it's time for me to take a break officially....

but i'll still stick around the forum

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    The note about ZoneAlarm not supporting more than 300 ranges is surprising. Maybe they shouldn't market their product as "Professional" if that's the case.

I've scrapped the current process of using groups and rules and have switched over to importing the ranges into the "Zones" area of the firewall for version 2.0 and up. While I personally didn't have any intrusions go unblocked by ZoneAlarm it's very possible that others running different systems and configurations did.

So far, using the zones method appears to be VERY effective but will try to get some people to help me test it before I release it.

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@29 November 2003 - 14:34
    bittorrent...
    I'm guessing it was a movie?

Which one...

@forcedfx, let me know if you need a hand on somple testing etc...

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    Double Agent
    out of time dvd screener

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    Whats funny is I've been saying BT is a bust on new release movies and that Super Nova is being watched but alot of members think its bullshit. Well I can only say I don't think they will do much more than they have with that warning. Your ISP will not be watching you either as that would be considered an invasion of privacy. They basically consider that if you get too many warnings you ar more trouble than your worth as a customer and will drop you. If you have broadband use their, thats right their, newsserver, get GrabIt and download untill you puke...

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    Double Agent
    problem is newsgroups dont always have what i want

granted the speed is amazing but who wants to put up with imcomplete downloads?

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 December 2003 - 11:09
    granted the speed is amazing but who wants to put up with imcomplete downloads?
    If I can find it and see all the rars its never incomplete...

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    Double Agent
    good for u and ur newsserver, apparently retention is not an issue for you

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    I've been using irc a lot lately. Is it just me or is it safer then bt because you only connect to 1 person?

I will try newsgroups but I gotta find the newsgroup address from my isp. I saw it one day and didn't keep track of the info thinking it would be too hard to use. Now I've read how to use it and don't have the link

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast