Thread: Article: Bing Now Powers 30% of US searches

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    How about 30% of the people upgraded to IE9 (or 8) and automatically had Bing as the default search engine. There are a lot of people who turn it on and click, if they have to go inside and change things they're lost.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    From what ive read and been told, Bing is really good..... but not gonna change by homepage from google lol

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    I wonder how much of that 30% actually intended on using Bing for their searches?

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by eyekey View Post
    I wonder how much of that 30% actually intended on using Bing for their searches?
    my thoughts exactly.

that and personally, my club bing bot does hundreds of searches a day but thats just because i want the free crap. i dont use it personally.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I would think the majority of that share is just the default search in IE.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Haven't really tried it lately, but I must say that for example Yahoo's images produce more accurate results than google does. And AFAIK, yahoo is now powered by Bing.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    I have found that lately Bing (and Yahoo) has been indexing the sites I am in charge of much more requently and picking up the updates better than Google so I can see some advantages to swapping!

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    And let's not forget Bing is used as the default search engine on WP7 powered smartphones. It can be a signal of strength.