Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Had A Serious Illness?

BANNED
    I don't know about serious, but I was in hostpital for quite a while as a 4 year old with a hole in the heart, but apparantly it just closes or whatever. I've also had malaria, dysentry and hepatitis, (not a bad one). I've been stabbed in the stomach, and shot in the leg, again not seriously or I wouldn't be here. The closest to death I have come was falling 6 floors and breaking my wrists, a few ribs, broken jaw, fractured skull, kneecaps etc. I was really lucky, I landed on a floating jetty, and landed flat, I missed concrete steps and a spike fence, either of which would have killed me. I was also beaten near to death by the police when I was 17, they got me to the operating theatre just as my heart stopped. I've been in many situations since that could have ended it for me, I guess I'm just lucky.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 November 2003 - 07:04
    I don't know about serious, but I was in hostpital for quite a while as a 4 year old with a hole in the heart, but apparantly it just closes or whatever. I've also had malaria, dysentry and hepatitis, (not a bad one). I've been stabbed in the stomach, and shot in the leg, again not seriously or I wouldn't be here. The closest to death I have come was falling 6 floors and breaking my wrists, a few ribs, broken jaw, fractured skull, kneecaps etc. I was really lucky, I landed on a floating jetty, and landed flat, I missed concrete steps and a spike fence, either of which would have killed me. I was also beaten near to death by the police when I was 17, they got me to the operating theatre just as my heart stopped. I've been in many situations since that could have ended it for me, I guess I'm just lucky.

Remind me not to :
    Go on holiday with you
    Walk by your side
    Be your neighbour
    Have sex with you

Apart from that consider me your friend and have a happy life (whats left of it)

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #23
    I guess I'm just lucky.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    In college I caught mono ( which is fairly common), but it was misdiagnosed as spinal meningitis.
    Whenever I regained lucidity I couldn't figure out why my whole family was there.
    They all thought I was dying.
    Several spinal taps later my true illness was revealed and everyone went home.
    Pissed, no doubt.

I had a collapsed lung once.
    That was by far the worst.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BANNED
    WTF is mono? Is stereo worse?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@9 November 2003 - 23:49

Twice as bad, not surprisingly.

Quad is even more serious.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 November 2003 - 06:49

oh my lmao! -

8. Lounge   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 November 2003 - 02:49
    WTF is mono?  Is stereo worse?

What is mononucleosis?

Mononucleosis (often called "mono") is an infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry.

It's a bit worse than it sounds; instead of making you wish you were dead, it makes you feel that you shortly will be.

Generally lasts a month-mine was 9 weeks.

Not so bad a sickness, but I would sure steer clear of "Stereo" or Quad" if I could.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    When I was born, my left side was paralyzed due to oxygen-deprivation, I can move now, but I had to have some surgery.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I know for a fact that a couple of dudes here are suffering very seriously from an illness calles SoulSickness. It effects the mind and body in such a way, that you are incapable of doing anything else other than post in the same thread every 5 minutes about the same thing regardless if anyone else is interested or not. Despite this, the SoulSick person finds it totally impossible to stop. Wierd illness, but true:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=78753

Anyone know of a good cure pleeeeeease help these guys

Peace
    UKAllreadyTakenOtherRemediesMan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast