Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feralhosting

cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Hy guys . I just bought a seedbox from Feralhosting ( 500gb hdd , 2tb traffic , 101mb/s upload conection , 1gb/s download conection ) and I am totally new to the world of seedboxes...
    Any tips for me ?
    Should I change the settings of Rtorrent (upload slots ..etc ) ?
    Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    A friend once shared his box with me some time ago. It was from FeralHosting as well, and I tweaked it a bit. I don't remember those settings, but if you show me some screenshots of what ruTorrent lets you change maybe they'll refresh my memory

Don't forget to use your box responsibly, BT already has enough seedbox whores out there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    don't touch the settings, more is less on a shared box. and it is the same as home utorrent, just 100x speed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    ummm....I seem to be having some problems . At first my download speed was reaching 40mb/s , now it's kinda low (9mb/s) . And sometimes some torrents apear under the "error" tag ( some have a red arrow and others have a red"x" ) . Why is that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cibu View Post
    ummm....I seem to be having some problems . At first my download speed was reaching 40mb/s , now it's kinda low (9mb/s) .
    That's perfectly normal on a shared server. If everyone tries to leech and seed a lot of torrents, things will slow down for everyone.

And sometimes some torrents apear under the "error" tag ( some have a red arrow and others have a red"x" ) . Why is that ?
    You can click on the torrent and go to the general tab in the lower panel to know. If the error message is "file chunk read error, cannot allocate memory" it means you're running too many torrents, making the box choke. Stop some of them so that the server frees some RAM up.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    It's not shared , I'm the only user of the seedbox . I found out the problem , I was downloading 3 bluray movies and the disks were working slow .

I'm not perfectly happy with the seedbox , but I guess I just need to tweak the settings . I noticed that Deluge is way better than rTorrent btw
    Last edited by cibu; 04-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cibu View Post
    It's not shared , I'm the only user of the seedbox .
    Oh... then try not to overload it like that

The file chunk error will of course cause slowdowns as the server can't handle the load.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    you aren't the only user.... you aren't even the only user on that disk there will be at least 2 others....

you are more likely to make speeds even slower if you mess with the settings, though using deluge for some torrents will be better, rtorrent for others. if you are downloading 3 bluray at once, and getting more than 30MB/s down, you are DEFINITELY getting what you are paying for.

anyway, battle and complain to feral if you want, but let me just stop you there and say you have false expectations..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Honestly I don't really know what's up with my seedbox , but this last week the speeds totally improved , I actually downloaded an hd torrent ( 17gb) with 30mb/s for 5 minutes .... The speeds seem pretty decent at the moment . I've also managed to buffer up my Tl account without any problems ... So I'm satisfied

edit// Loooooool I just downloaded a torrent from TL with 74mb/s
    Okay , I can say that Feral is more than just decent
    Last edited by cibu; 04-24-2011 at 09:21 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    You have the Neon-2 which is shared.

I had a Helium-2 basic plan with them before. Was great the first week I had it, was really impressed... until I hit the 1TB limit. They weren't joking when they say they limit your speeds, made it completely useless. I was expecting maybe a 10mbit limit or so, but it was more like 1mbit and it even affected FTP transfers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast