Thread: Article: Sony and Hotz settle hacking case

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    Thanks to anonymous...

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Actually not....the settlement was reached before the attacks

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Actually not....the settlement was reached before the attacks
    And the attacks did not really do much...... The downtime was to add more IPs to their blacklist before they went to a 3rd party that professionally handles DDoS attacks and the like.... :/

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Actually the fact that they had to hire outside resources as security.....means it cost them money...

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    One day, someone in authority will realise that we have a right to do what we want with what we've purchased. Imagine Microsoft suing someone for installing Linux on a Windows machine (formerly an IBM PC).

Surely, once you have bought the hardware, you should have the free choice to install whatever software you like. After all, when you buy a car, the manufacturer has no say in how you use that car, so why does a console manufacturer dictate what we can, and can't, put on our machines?

I stick two fingers up to Sony. If I want to install a third party OS, or other software, on my 100% owned PS3, I bloody well will.

Microsoft, Sony and Apple are all guilty of stiffling the market. Thank god for the Linux community, and the Free Software Foundation, and OpenSource...

Oh, and one other thing. As for Sony going on about Intellectual Property, let's not forget that the Japanese are the masters of imitation, and copying.
    Last edited by TheFoX; 04-13-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    100%, FoX! Well said. I will never buy another Sony product, and will do my best to discourage others from supporting them, as well.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    thedemon44's Avatar Poster
    I'll buy whatever is most useful. So if my ps3 breaks again, i'll buy another. This boycotting shit is for the birds.