Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hack the ipad 2

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I know there's some hack that lets you play cydia games for free or something? Is there a way to play normal ipad games for free, the ones on the itunes store?

Also if so, where is a good place to download the hacked apps? Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    You might try 'Googling' iPad + jailbreak

Just keep in mind that modding DRM-locked hardware it is an invasive operation not to be taken lightly, so you need to know exactly what you're doing (pay particular attention to version numbers) so you don't turn your ipad into an expensive snack tray.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you completly mess it up.
    you mean play Appstore games for free.
    Cydia is the "open" "appstore" of jailbroken ipad
    you need installous - app that you install through cydia.

fisrt - jailbreak your device.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I know there's some hack that lets you play cydia games for free or something? Is there a way to play normal ipad games for free, the ones on the itunes store?

Also if so, where is a good place to download the hacked apps? Thanks
    The iPad 2 still does not have a jailbreak. Once it does, you'll need to get an 'app' from Cydia, named Installous. That will get you everything from the App Store for free.

For now though, you'll just need to wait on a jailbreak. Modmyi.com is a good place to check for updates related to that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Skiz; 04-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Oh really? nice! I've installed Cydia onto an iphone before, but I didn't realize Cydia had the same apps the App Store has, for some reason I thought it only had legit free games. I guess I'll keep an eye out for the jailbreak, and get that 'Installous' app this time around.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 04-17-2011 at 03:49 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Oh really? nice! I've installed Cydia onto an iphone before, but I didn't realize Cydia had the same apps the App Store has, for some reason I thought it only had legit free games. I guess I'll keep an eye out for the jailbreak, and get that 'Installous' app this time around.
    Cydia does not have anything that is in the App Store. It is a package installer similar to the App Store.

You already know what the App Store is: an Apple store consisting of apps approved by Apple.

Now, alternatively, you have Cydia. Cydia is another sort of 'app store'. It is only available on jailbroken phones and consists of apps, tweaks, and all sorts of things. Almost none of them (if any at all) would be or were approved by Apple. Most apps are free but there are about 5% which come with a nominal price tag.

Installous is something that is available via Cydia. Once installed, you may then grab cracked apps that normally cost money in the App Store. It's a great way to test out games and apps that you're unsure about buying.

Once a jailbreak comes out for the iPad2 and you're finally jailbroken, watch this video for a step by step tutorial on getting Installous.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-09-2011 at 06:20 PM.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Essentially Cydia is there to give you more of an Android feeling since Apple control sucks balls. So why go that route at all, why not just get an Android tablet?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Walthour

The iPad 2 still does not have a jailbreak. Once it does, you'll need to get an 'app' from Cydia, named Installous. That will get you everything from the App Store for free.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    why not just get an Android tablet?
    +1, android is way better.

Only downside is privacy, since both apple and google are despicable stalkers, it doesn't really matter which one gets your info

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast