Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pc Or Mac?

Poster
    pc or mac?............... just wanna know people opinions.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Not really an answer for this question, both PC and Mac’s have their good points. Mac OS X is a great operating system, however their are some great operating systems for PC as well, Most of them aren't Microsoft products, except for maybe XP Pro, which is the first version of windows I've used that didn't suck. Don't know about XP home, haven't used it.

Anyway, Macs have that cinema displays which kick ass, and they are great for doing graphics on. However PCs are as everyone knows great for gaming, well, as great as your OS is anyhow.

Anyway, I actually prefer PCs, just because I like to be able to go play Halo, then come back to Photoshop, oh and their cheaper, which is always a Plus.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    PC.

proud to be american

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    for graphics - mac

for anything else - pc

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    PC - how can you live without a right click?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If you have a sense of style and a big wallet get a Mac. However, if you have a brain, or at least think you have one, then make the obvious choice and buy a real computer, buy a PC.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by toddiscool@4 November 2003 - 22:28
    PC - how can you live without a right click?
    if you're willing to shell out $2000+ for a "decent Mac," you can surely pay another $50 for a good mouse (yes, mice like Microsoft optical ones are supported).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien@5 November 2003 - 04:39
    Not really an answer for this question, both PC and Mac’s have their good points. Mac OS X is a great operating system, however their are some great operating systems for PC as well, Most of them aren't Microsoft products, except for maybe XP Pro, which is the first version of windows I've used that didn't suck. Don't know about XP home, haven't used it.

Anyway, Macs have that cinema displays which kick ass, and they are great for doing graphics on. However PCs are as everyone knows great for gaming, well, as great as your OS is anyhow.

Anyway, I actually prefer PCs, just because I like to be able to go play Halo, then come back to Photoshop, oh and their cheaper, which is always a Plus.
    what the difference between xp home and xp pro?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Technically, a Mac is far superior to a Pc.

Motorola's 68000 family chip design has always been better that the Intel offering.

The first true personal computers to give any reasonable computing power were produced by Olivetti in the form of the model M20, which was based on Zylog's Z8000 chip, a clone of the original Motorola 68000 chip. This machine was far more powerful than the IBM pc which hit the market a short time later, but sadly IBM's market presence won the day, and Olivetti had to bow market forces and switch to the inferior Intel product.

IBM, of course, effectively forced the personal computer market into Microsoft's hands too. It is ironic that IBM later pioneered it's OS/2 operating system, which was theoretically superior to Windows NT, and the PowerPC chip (which has had a 64bit version for several years) but neither has managed to grab a reasonable market share.

So it is left to Apple to try to make a success of this chip in the personal computer market. I doubt that Motorola are worried though. It is quite likely that your car probably has several PPC chips, quite a few of your household items (washing machine, dishwasher, etc) are controlled by PPC chips. I would be worried if mine had Intel processors.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast