Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best free Newsreader

Thanks Zot
    I dont just use the newsreader for pics i do use it for films and tv show mostly and sometimes music. But i have had a look through the nzb files for software and found a cracked version of newsleecher so Who ever posted it many thanks im going to have a party on the $24 now

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    duarte's Avatar Poster
    I'm on Newsdemon and get Newsrover for free.. Tried other Free and Trial software and I still prefer Newsrover
    Last edited by duarte; 04-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by boss™ View Post
    Thanks Zot
    I dont just use the newsreader for pics i do use it for films and tv show mostly and sometimes music.
    I might not have said so explicitly, but I was trying to suggest using a traditional newsreader for text and pictures, and a separate NZB client for downloading movies and other big files.

That way, you get the best of both worlds. There's no law that says you can only have one usenet news client installed on your computer.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I just completed my setup of sabnzbd and I'm a bit annoyed...

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Annoyed with what exactly? Maybe someone here can help you if you state your reason ....
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Annoyed with what exactly? Maybe someone here can help you if you state your reason ....
    Sorting... the TV shows are being extracted to a subfolder based on the filename, that will be created regardless of any intervention I have tried to introduce. With Alt.binz I would have it auto extract to D:\Media but sabnzbd will extract to D:\Media\Series Name\ even though I set up the sort to be D:\Media only.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I use Grabit i think it's the most famous no ?

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by mfalaura View Post
    I use Grabit i think it's the most famous no ?
    Grabit was probably the most well-known client about 8 or 10 years ago, being the first (and for a long time, the only) free binary-centric client

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    After going back and forth, the winner is BY FAR Alt.binz, leaving sabnzbd defeated. Maybe sabnzbd has the benefit of integration with nzbmatrix (that I don't use), but for general use nzb grabbing, Alt.binz is a much better program. You have more control over what happens to the downloads, you can actually see what parts are incomplete if any. Sabnzbd would be doing too much in the background while Altbinz lets you monitor every step. There was a comparison download where sabnzbd made 2 attempts to repair a file that Altbinz reported nothing wrong (par2 check), downloaded within 3 minutes of each other. So it wasn't much fun while it lasted, but bye bye Sabnzbd.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I like altbinz. Though, I am using NewsLeecher v3.9F because I like it better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast