Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my anaylsis on usenet vs torrenting

bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post

+ all of their 'staffs' can even see users email ID and can use them (to spam obv)
    Only a careless person uses a non-disposable e-mail adress when registering on a tracker!
    sadly most of the trackers block disposable e-mail adresses (domains)
    Teh n00b.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Who blocks gmail 0_o

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Who blocks gmail 0_o
    Pertinent answers FTW! +1
    Can you feel the LOVE

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Who blocks gmail 0_o
    I think now we need to have extra mobile number(s) to activate gamil account. So.... (I don't have the complete information about this matter but heard something like that.)
    Last edited by bijoy; 04-19-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: ..
    Teh n00b.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I never tried NZB before, but Torrenting suits me just fine. As a low bandwith user, I don't really give a damn about the speeds, anything will maximize it. I mean it. As for the content, it's all good. Almost everything I look for is available somewhere on some tracker. Yes I had a few difficulties finding some rare files but I managed to have them at the end. I first thought the forums thing would help me with anything but with time I found that it just doesn't, or maybe i'm just not a forum person which is probably the case. But there are few forums that I do enjoy.

The things I hate are :
    1- Seedboxers making it harder than it already is for me to seed and also making me one of them as I end up getting a seedbox to survive.
    2- Trackers banning full countries which makes it harder for me to find specific content or just losing an account that I..... use?!.
    3- Staffers making it really hard if not impossible for me ( maybe not now, but used to be ) and other new members to join their trackers for no apparent reason.

But, there are still great trackers out there which maintain good content, speed and people. And let me tell you something, good people help.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Who blocks gmail 0_o
    I think now we need to have extra mobile number(s) to activate gamil account. So.... (I don't have the complete information about this matter but heard something like that.)
    I just registered for another gmail account. Its logged in, not asking for any mobile numbers or anything...
    Don't believe everything you read

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Re: Gmail, you can use the same mobile number a bunch of times, like 5 or 6 for text, then additional for voice confirmation.

On topic: Usenet is awesome because I can download say 10 interesting XXX releases without regard to ratio or seeding concerns, which are automatically unpacked the crap can be discarded from the ones I want to use, all with one hand of course.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I use gmail daily, and just made one. Why have I never had to do this confirmation thing including on the account I just made...?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    'Ratio problems' are so 2005. Who has still ratio problems these days, seriously? Only the most conservative sites out there don't have free leech / partial free leech torrents, bonus systems or other ways to make seeding much easier these days, even for the crappy bandwidth users, not to mention all the ratio free sites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    'Ratio problems' are so 2005. Who has still ratio problems these days, seriously? Only the most conservative sites out there don't have free leech / partial free leech torrents, bonus systems or other ways to make seeding much easier these days, even for the crappy bandwidth users, not to mention all the ratio free sites.
    That's why I'm a member or 99% of the ratio-free trackers out there and use them most of the time. Bonus systems are crap, the only good one is IPT's one. On IPT with a few low-size seeded torrents you can have a few GBs uploaded. Seeding on TT, waffles, BMTV and and sometimes bitme (and these are sites that I use hardcorely ) is a hell, at least with my connection.
    And yes, I see people with ratio below 1.0 on many sites so it's pretty common.

Edit : My connection is way to worse that you could imagine. Believe me.
    Last edited by YoYoY; 04-19-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: God damn spelling.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast