Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: my anaylsis on usenet vs torrenting

Ratio below 1.0 isn't a problem per se, it totally depends on the site. What has no bonus system, very few free leech torrents, thousands of seedbox whores, but at least the ratio demands are very generous.

Problematic are only those sites that make it impossible for low bandwidth users to be awarded for seeding. Bonus systems were introduced as a consequence actually - if a low bandwidth user keeps seeding a large torrent for a relatively long time, he / she can buy a lot of upload credit with the bonus points he collects. At least the better bonus systems work like that.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Ratio below 1.0 isn't a problem per se, it totally depends on the site. What has no bonus system, very few free leech torrents, thousands of seedbox whores, but at least the ratio demands are very generous.

Problematic are only those sites that make it impossible for low bandwidth users to be awarded for seeding. Bonus systems were introduced as a consequence actually - if a low bandwidth user keeps seeding a large torrent for a relatively long time, he / she can buy a lot of upload credit with the bonus points he collects. At least the better bonus systems work like that.
    Yep.
    Too bad most of the sites with bonus systems are ratio-free trackers, so you don't actually need them. Unlike bmtv and bitme where there should be something that helps.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Regarding the GMail SMS check: it is only triggered by certain conditions, so it's perfectly possible to create and own several accounts, even from the same IP, without ever getting it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post

Yep.
    Too bad most of the sites with bonus systems are ratio-free trackers, so you don't actually need them. Unlike bmtv and bitme where there should be something that helps.
    Now, now, don't challenge their intelligence. They might ban you

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Regarding the GMail SMS check: it is only triggered by certain conditions, so it's perfectly possible to create and own several accounts, even from the same IP, without ever getting it.
    thanks for this info.
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    There are hundreds of free mail providers out there, gmail is just one of them. Creating one or two for torrenting really isn't much of a deal surely?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What the hell for one would need several mail accounts (ohter than trading, etc)? i hate even having 2 account, because i have to login 2 times to check inbox or whatever, wasting time. I got only 2 or 3 spam letters in approximately a year which seems to be related with trackers. No worthy tracker uses your email to spam, just don't register rushly on all those new unreliable trackers that pop-up everyday. And don't listen to bijoy

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Erm....using a proper e-mail client? Checking a number of accounts at once easily.

I would never use my 'proper', 'official' accounts for semi-legal activity. That's just stupid and has nothing to do with trading.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's not like you ever have to check an email address for torrenting unless you're expecting a new invite confirmation email...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    - cost per month (con)
    $11/month.= Several bottles of beer
    - difficult to distinguish what’s a “safe” and what isn’t
    Its not. For experienced users.Thus newbies should stick to torrents.Then, come to nzb sites, then learn how to work without them

On topic..

Usenet owns at :

Content wise

- Movies.
    Both general and to some extent classic: BluRays (THIS! Taking into account that one can get all those huge blurays at ones max speed 100% time and even the stuff posted 2,5 years ago. that is something to look for and pay for
    If you know how to search for them.. Only HDbits can compete with usenet on this one) , BDRip, DVDrip, HDTV etc movie\tv-series category
    - Software
    -Games(console\PC)
    -XXX (both scene and non-scene)

Technical side wise

- Speed.
    Oh yes , babe.How about 50 megabytes non-stop downloading files posted 950+days ago?
    -Retention.
    Huge. And all files that are available will be downloaded at max speed

Usenet sucks at

Content wise

- Music(both mp3 and especially lossless)
    - Anime,
    - and some speficic content one can find on certain torrents

Technical side wise

-DMCA takedowns. One should consider a NNTP provider that knows its way around this shit (Astraweb)
    - Repair\Incomplete
    due to possible temporary glitches on providers side resulting in screwed up uploads.=>repost\repair, or on the end user side(posting one).

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Hypatia; 04-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast