Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: my anaylsis on usenet vs torrenting

Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    i wish someone had pointed out usenet to me years ago, (and if they did i am sorry for not paying attention) i find myself using torrents less and less everyday, usenet is free for me thanks to my isp (i would gladly pay if this was not the case) and i now get to turn my pc off at night instead of seeding shit for days, all that time i wasted on torrents what a douche i was.
    usenet is easy to use, i think it's safer and there is definatley a lot less drama going on.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    years ago
    Years ago it wasnt THAT good.Mainly in terms of retention.So youve gotten on the train right on time =))

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Usenet is pretty much useless for lossless music. Inner-sanctum has been pre'ing all the scene mp3s since early 2010, so there's plenty of them there.

For anything else, usenet win IMO.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    be serious.. there are some great torrent sites , which combined surclass any form of filesharing known to man till now!!!
    "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is progress!"

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    - Movies.
    Both general and to some extent classic: BluRays (THIS! Taking into account that one can get all those huge blurays at ones max speed 100% time and even the stuff posted 2,5 years ago. that is something to look for and pay for
    If you know how to search for them..
    you mean, abhdtv.net forum that requires some money just to see that it's kinda useless when you have all the major trackers?
    whenever i asked for some particular stuff that i wasn't able to get from trackers, usenet lacked it too

as for all public indexers - it gives a strong messy feeling of a public tracker except that there's next to none feedback so you can never be sure what you download before you'll get it. maybe there are some advanced techniques to guess that the stuff you need is fake/passworded etc but definitely it's not "wysiwyg" in some decent %% of cases

ps for those who saw my previous requests for some particular bd's - my starter for 10 / stage beauty / oss117 in rio 32gb requests got filled through ptp.
    Last edited by kukushka; 04-22-2011 at 10:42 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    except that there's next to none feedback
    And except that you can actually download it, full speed

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    except that there's next to none feedback
    And except that you can actually download it, full speed
    1 this "IT" has to exist in newsgroups,
    2 it has to be found at first,
    3 there should be some ways to find out without too much efforts what the pass is if there's any...
    so it's not like you pay money and you get what you want, if your wishes have a bit more variety than usual scene shit, newsgroups can be useless. maybe comparing to tpb/demonoid it's ok, but apart from it, i couldn't find any hints for newgroups to be any near kind of a goldmine for my movie needs...

...i wouldn't mind to have a regular access to news as a backup solution, just like i'm using ddl, but considering all of the factors above plus the monetary one, it's just not effective for me
    Last edited by kukushka; 04-22-2011 at 10:41 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    1 this "IT" has to exist in newsgroups,
    2 it has to be found at first,
    3 there should be some ways to find out without too much efforts what the pass is if there's any...
    I really don't get any much of fakes or passworded stuff, you have a bit gloomy image.

so it's not like you pay money and you get what you want, if your wishes have a bit more variety than usual scene shit, newsgroups can be useless.
    Or can be not. I often download non-scene stuff too, like WEB-DL (truth be told BTN is still better for that), or some long forgotten DVDs.

It never was a goldmine for me, but ease of use, speed and lack of need to seed back worth paying.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    you mean, abhdtv.net forum that requires some money
    one can do without it

oss117 in rio
    german edition bluray is there (fr\ger audio)

starter for 10
    Its also there, English edition

if your wishes have a bit more variety than usual scene shit, newsgroups can be useless

there are loads of nonscene stuff there. Both classic in various edition and general.

What i was trying to say you wont find so many movies at one place, blurays as well, anywhere esle.
    And available at full download speedfor almost 3 years
    Lots of releases on your russian hdtracker use stuff from usenet .

And please, gief us ~15 titles(and format) that you couldnt find on usenet except those ones mentioned

Im curious.
    Last edited by Hypatia; 04-22-2011 at 11:43 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer9999 View Post
    be serious.. there are some great torrent sites , which combined surclass any form of filesharing known to man till now!!!
    I think the relevant point is that many of those "great sites" aren't available to the average person whereas Usenet is .
    For example I think it's ludicrous to bring HDbits into the equation because "great" or not it's basically a closed system so you are preaching entirely to the choir.

People may complain about Usenet being mercenary but point of fact at the same time money has no expectations and knows no prejudices .
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast