Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: my anaylsis on usenet vs torrenting

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    This thread has no love for my jDownloader
    I still can't figure how to use it, am I supposed to max out my connection even without a membership to rapidshare and stuff? When I tried it, I ended up with slow speed. I also didn't find any search engine for DDL that was as good as nzbmatrix (that's the only nzb site I use, I grab the rest using supersearch).

Perhaps if I knew how to use I would be so happy with it that I would drop my usenet membership, but I'm not convince so far.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    I still can't figure how to use it, am I supposed to max out my connection even without a membership to rapidshare and stuff? When I tried it, I ended up with slow speed.
    That depends on the particular file hoster. Some (Mediafire, Megaupload, 4Shared, Rapidshare also removed the speed limits for free users some days ago) will give you good or excellent speeds. Others limit them (Fileserve, Depositfiles, Duckload) limit them as a way to promote their paid subscriptions. Once you know which hosters to prefer, speeds shouldn't be a problem. Also, if interchangeable links are available, you can download multiple parts from a different host each.

I also didn't find any search engine for DDL that was as good as nzbmatrix (that's the only nzb site I use, I grab the rest using supersearch).
    I used to search for stuff in Hotfile-Search, then Warez-BB if I couldn't find it there. Now it's just Warez-BB as 90% of the links on HS ironically point to Filesonic, whose speed is horrible because of the bad routing to my country.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thx, I'll give it another try.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I've stopped using jDownloader some months ago, when it stopped recognizing the captchas on most of the sites.
    Have those issues been sorted out meanwhile ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    It can OCR anything but reCaptchas as far as I know. Sadly, that's the method most popular sites with captcha protection (Hotfile, Fileserve, Oron) use.

If you don't want to deal with them, then it's a matter of looking for Premium cookies (only supported for RS and MU to deter "illegal account sharing") or using the "good" hosters I mentioned above, none of which use captchas.
    Last edited by anon; 04-24-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Let's add some fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck
    Quote Originally Posted by by some usenet fan two years ago in a now closed thread
    Lets talk in a couple of years when unfortunately the bitorrent communities will cave and eventually disappear under the impossible conditions set by isp's and orgs
    That's what they said 2-3 years ago. I'll come back to you in a couple of years, provided that I'm still here, and this forum still exists, of course.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...=1#post3225286

Here I am. Bittorrent is still going strong, while usenet is learning to live with DMCA takedowns...

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    while usenet is learning to live with DMCA takedowns..
    one should choose wisely NNTP ISP
    Last edited by Hypatia; 04-26-2011 at 11:41 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Let's add some fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck

That's what they said 2-3 years ago. I'll come back to you in a couple of years, provided that I'm still here, and this forum still exists, of course.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...=1#post3225286

Here I am. Bittorrent is still going strong, while usenet is learning to live with DMCA takedowns...
    You clearly never used usenet to make such a statement.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    while usenet is learning to live with DMCA takedowns..
    one should choose wisely NNTP ISP
    True, but on the other hand, Giganews still is the biggest ISP, for example, so quite a few people are actually affected by this.

The point was that the user I quoted expected Bittorrent to go down and become irrelevant in forseeable future, while usenet remined a 'safe haven' for pirates. In reality however, usenet is being threatened today, too, while (private) bittorrent trackers are going stronger than ever. These days, it's become rather difficult to successfully start a new tracker, simply because there are so many of them, too much competition even in the niches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    You clearly never used usenet to make such a statement.
    What is wrong about that statement? Do you want to deny that certain newsgroup ISPs are plagued by DMCA takedowns these days, a relatively new phenomenon that didn't exist (to this degree) when the initial statement was made?

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Define what you consider as plagued.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast