Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The reported demise of Bin Laden

惡魔的提倡者
    Accepted as reality or more conspiracy theory fodder?

Praise should go to the men and women who put their lives on the line to get him.

I'm just wondering, with the presidential campaign mind-blowingly stupid season upon us, how this will be spun against the president.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I assume that definitive proof will be offered soon but proof never hindered conspiracy theorists, so expect the usual...Orly Taitz will chime in momentarily.

Obama succeeded in two years where Bush failed for seven, so obviously yeah, Obama fucked up somehow.
    I'm sure The Donald will be happy to explain.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Is it wrong to hear this story and just think meh?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Obama succeeded in two years where Bush failed for seven, so obviously yeah, Obama fucked up somehow.
    President Bush didn't fail and President Obama didn't succeed. I give the credit to the agents, be they military or intelligence operatives that did the work. Not just in this operation, I include all that went on before.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I'm sure The Donald will be happy to explain.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/01/osama-bin-laden-dead/

drudge.png
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg.com
    The body was taken out of Pakistan by the special forces team. The officials said it was washed and wrapped in a white sheet in a process that followed Islamic traditions. Because no other available nation would accept bin Laden’s body, it eventually was placed in a weighted bag and buried in the North Arabian Sea, the officials said.
    I find this to be complete horse shit. Can anyone actually see any member of a SEAL team or Special Forces team doing anything but high-fiving themselves standing over Bin Laden's body. There is no way they "washed" his body in accordance with Islamic traditions. I'd wager they put him in a body bag with a cinder block and pushed him over.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Someone was executed yesterday.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    CQ1ST's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It sure took a long time to find him and (august 'til now) to actually 'get' him, I'm sure they're all majorly happy for it. But could you imagine how many guys Bin Laden has trained in the last 9 years with CIA tricks and tactics?

Here's hoping we see news of the U.S twarting the upcoming counter-attack huh?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg.com
    The body was taken out of Pakistan by the special forces team. The officials said it was washed and wrapped in a white sheet in a process that followed Islamic traditions. Because no other available nation would accept bin Laden’s body, it eventually was placed in a weighted bag and buried in the North Arabian Sea, the officials said.
    I find this to be complete horse shit. Can anyone actually see any member of a SEAL team or Special Forces team doing anything but high-fiving themselves standing over Bin Laden's body. There is no way they "washed" his body in accordance with Islamic traditions. I'd wager they put him in a body bag with a cinder block and pushed him over.
    The snippet you posted only says the body was taken out of Pakistan by the special forces team. It doesn't say who dealt with it from that point.

That said, while the team doubtlessly did celebrate a successful mission, they are also professionals who would have followed orders as to how to behave with the body.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 05-03-2011 at 12:03 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

The snippet you posted only says the body was taken out of Pakistan by the special forces team. It doesn't say who dealt with it from that point.

That said, while the team doubtlessly did celebrate a successful mission, they are also professionals who would have followed orders as to how to behave with the body.
    Yes like shooting it several times .
    Anyway I agree that whatever personal feelings might be involved and even discounting to the professional part , considering the complete scrutiny everyone involved was/will be under no one would be stupid enough not to dot every i and cross every t procedurally.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Does anyone else find it odd that killing terrorists is alright, but waterboarding them isn't?

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast