Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 75% of my downloads fail using giganews + mimo client

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here or maybe the majority of files I'm downloading are over 300 days but more then not, my downloads fail. When I say my downloads fail I mean they get stuck at a percentage.. for example.

I will have multiple downloads stuck 33% or 49% in pending status, I can let them runs for days and they never make any progress. In my mimo client I have unpackage rar files after downloading and verify files after downloading enabled. I really like usenet but I'm finding it easier to use torrents. I waste more time trying to re-download stuff then anything else. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here?

I can't think this is the norm because if it is, I'm going back to torrents.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    If your client is getting stuck at a certain percentage downloading files and not responding, it's the client.
    I've never heard of that problem before and never had it myself, I use newsleecher.

Don't give up on usenet.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I use nzbmatrix and sabnzbd (you can configure them so that they interact directly with each other, works with many other nzb sites too) and it really CAN'T be any easier than that. I also didn't have an incomplete download in months. I don't know about your client, maybe it's the problem, certainly not giganews.
    Last edited by KFlint; 04-24-2011 at 03:01 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Ok it was the mimo client, I made the switch over to sabnzbd. I still get some unpacking errors such as

unpacking failed, crc error and unpacking failed, cant find a specific file but at-least the downloads don't stop..

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    get astraweb instead of giganews as well
    instead of $35/month you will be paying $11/month for better service in terms of completion

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I also like astraweb, it's really reliable nowadays.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    get astraweb instead of giganews as well
    instead of $35/month you will be paying $11/month for better service in terms of completion
    Man I wonder how much kleverig.nl has made with that affiliate link :p
    Last edited by heiska; 04-24-2011 at 11:58 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I also like astraweb, it's really reliable nowadays.
    There are still minor glitches when uploading from time to time resulting in screwed up articles sometimes(mostly in the evening(GMT).

But it is stil much better in terms of completion compared to giganews\highwinds

Man I wonder how much kleverig.nl has made with that affiliate link :p
    lol
    Last edited by Hypatia; 04-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Newshosting is also a good provider. $8.33/mo for unlimited speed and downloads...(ssl encryption ...) So you have choice for downloading on newsgroups. You can compare usenet offers on this comparison engine: http://best-newsgroup-provider.com (I hope it will help Markourn!)

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    I use nzbmatrix and sabnzbd (you can configure them so that they interact directly with each other, works with many other nzb sites too) and it really CAN'T be any easier than that.
    Don't you have to pay extra to use nzbmatrix's API for interaction with sabnzbd?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast