Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Bum!

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Pranged my car. Police (very nicely to be fair) said it was my fault. I'm old and have a lot of insurance but my pride is sorely wounded although not as wounded as my front wheel and steering.

Moral of the tale - if someone is hassling you because you are in the wrong lane and you end up on a road you don't want to be on, don't try and change direction because they will choose that moment to overtake you.
    Last edited by Biggles; 04-25-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Hello Les :-)

I hope you're OK ?

When you're as old as you are, these things are to be expected... you know like having those who are younger than you take the piss out of you :-p

3. Lounge   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    If you provoke Les, you'll be sorry.

Right, Les?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'll bite, age is no excuse for poor driving
    Actually what I'm really saying is that age isn't the "problem". Enthusiasm matters for most things. Usually the worst drivers are the ones who hate driving the most and participate in it out of mere necessity.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Right, Les?
    At his age the thought processes slow down, so I'm feeling quite safe

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I'll bite, age is no excuse for poor driving
    Actually what I'm really saying is that age isn't the "problem". Enthusiasm matters for most things. Usually the worst drivers are the ones who hate driving the most and participate in it out of mere necessity.
    Hmm.

Don't know that about Les.

He bangs on about public transportation; never heard him talk about driving.

Actually, I was surprised he even had a car to prang.

Les?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I do indeed have a car - been driving 35 years and never had more than the odd car park bumper scrape. This is my first ever car towed away on a truck accident and I can't say I wish to repeat the experience. Never had any other motoring issues - think I got a parking ticket 25 years ago. An unblemished record sullied by one moment of lapsed concentration

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Right, Les?
    It doesn't take much to drop a sandbag out the cockpit of a Sopwith Camel you know

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    It doesn't take much to drop a sandbag out the cockpit of a Sopwith Camel you know
    This ^.

Told you.

I do indeed have a car - been driving 35 years and never had more than the odd car park bumper scrape. This is my first ever car towed away on a truck accident and I can't say I wish to repeat the experience. Never had any other motoring issues - think I got a parking ticket 25 years ago. An unblemished record sullied by one moment of lapsed concentration
    Good on you.

I've had lots of moving violations, got them when I was really moving, too.

Only collided with something one time - pulled into a service station delivering parts, once, and the attendant was somewhat under-intelligent; he'd managed to pour an entire quart of oil onto the pavement while attempting to top off a Buick or something.

At any rate, one very poor effort deserved another:

He followed that with a water-hose spritz of the entire drive, in order to hide his crime.

I was the next to cross his path, and when I turned into the parking area, my wheels crossed the crime scene, resulting in a lateral skid of approximately three feet, allowing me to make just the slightest contact with his boss's vehicle - about $100 damage.

He buggered the account in the bargain, and put the only such blemish on my driving record.

Silly cunt.

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #10
    OMFG!!! Les... if your eyesight is that bad I'm not sure you should be driving a car at all... that's a Supermarine Spitfire mate, not a Sopwith Camel :-p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast