Thread: Broadband Disconnects Using Kazaa

When im downloading using kazaa my internet connection drops after 5-20mins, i can download fine from the internet but when it comes to kazaa (or any file sharing program for that matter) it disconnects.

Ive tried netlimiter, removing spyware, ive phoned my isp and they dont block p2p downloading.

Someone please help, it means i cant leave my computer downloading something and makes larger files a nightmare to download. I have the auto-connect on but for some reason it dosn't allow me to connect straight after it disconnects.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    What Klite version are you using? If 2.4.3 update the Kl posted by Agent Smith.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    do you have a link for that

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I can't remember, I'm a busy person. Just search the board for the link of 2.4.3 and ask Agent Smith for the Kl update.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    You using a wireless router or regular router?

Also, do you allow more than about 30 ip-to-ip connections at once?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Hmm... I have the same problem. Do you have Comcast by any chance?

Originally posted by Switeck@ 19 December 2003 - 17:01
    Do you think that might affect it? I always have many more than that at any given time.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by DrSpud+19 December 2003 - 16:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrSpud @ 19 December 2003 - 16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm... I have the same problem. Do you have Comcast by any chance?

<!--QuoteBegin-Switeck
    @ 19 December 2003 - 17:01
    Do you think that might affect it? I always have many more than that at any given time. [/b][/quote]
    I have Comcast and a wired Linksys router.
    I don&#39;t really have any problems on my end, except due to me NOT running KaNAT.
    (I do this on purpose, so the problems are self-inflicted.)
    By not running KaNAT, I lose upload connections pretty often -- this is because my connection is 100% firewalled due to using a LAN ip instead of KaNAT.
    However, 100&#39;s of people aren&#39;t getting my real ip and thus trying to download from me weeks later whether I&#39;m online or not.

LOTS of connections at once is a good reason to get a disconnect/slowdown.