Thread: I Need Help With Atrojan Horse

hi

ive found this virus on my pc and i cant get rid ov it i followd this http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...door.sdbot.html but once i go into the reg editor i cant find they keys that the guide tells me to find they just not ther,

so im woundering if you guys can help me?
    if i do a fresh install will that get rid ov it?

P.S im sorry if this is in the wrong section but i wasnt sure were to put it
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    get a trojan remover, yes fresh installs do get rid of them, but its better to formatt than to just install over old o/s

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    google tds
    it should make quick work of it
    and reformatting should be the last resort, I don't understand why so many recommend reformatting at the drop of a hat

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    because formatting the hard-drive can give you back tons of space, also it will make sure every bit of a virus is gone....... and its not like its that hard anyways

for c:, use----

C:\> format C:
    or- right click on local disc in "my computer" and select "format"

after format of hard-drive is complete, reinstall windows and other accessories.

note- (if you don't have a sound card), drivers for speakers will be lost, and unless they are aftermarket there will be no disc to install drivers. (no sound)

how to fix- turn every lever of sound all the way up (in speaker properties)

note- sound quality may be of a lesser quality due to an absent of drivers.

how to fix- fork out 10-15 bucks for a cheap sound card

note- loss of drivers will not result in all cases

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    but yes, formatting is the more "drastic" approach.

why not just dl an anti-virus program, let it scan your hardrive and delete all viruses

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TDS-3 Pro is the answer, the odds of finding a qwak for it is rare, i haven't so if u do, let me know.

in the meantime, dl it from THEM and get rid of that trojan.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Yesterday I D/l Anti Trojan 5.5...and did a scan...It found a similar name..but it was like backdoor.mirc..or IRc. Prompted to reboot my sytem for the trojan to be rid of. Anyone know if that will 86 the Trojan that I had from my system or not...or do I have to rescan? Thing took forever to scan.anyone know maybe of and alternative to Anti Trojan 5.5 that might take less time? thanks in advance

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by .hack@9 November 2003 - 19:59
    because formatting the hard-drive can give you back tons of space, also it will make sure every bit of a virus is gone....... and its not like its that hard anyways

for c:, use----

C:\> format C:
    or- right click on local disc in "my computer" and select "format"

FYI,
    You cannot format a drive/partition you are currently logged into. You have to boot from a floppy(startup/bootup disk) and then format.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Cage72@10 November 2003 - 07:10
    Yesterday I D/l Anti Trojan 5.5...and did a scan...It found a similar name..but it was like backdoor.mirc..or IRc. Prompted to reboot my sytem for the trojan to be rid of. Anyone know if that will 86 the Trojan that I had from my system or not...or do I have to rescan? Thing took forever to scan.anyone know maybe of and alternative to Anti Trojan 5.5 that might take less time? thanks in advance
    refer to my above post for the answer.