Thread: Major PSN Hack Update - Your Personal Information Has Been Compromised

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    [center]

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    F**k this.

Is PSN back up?

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I strongly recommend reading Sony's official FAQ about this: http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2356

Sony is seriously fucked. This pretty much means they will lose the next gen battle of consoles.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I strongly recommend reading Sony's official FAQ about this: http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2356

Sony is seriously fucked. This pretty much means they will lose the next gen battle of consoles.

IMO, 360/Microsoft won it a long time ago, and will when the next one, mainly due to XBL...

Cut-Copy-Paste, no it's still down and will stay down till they rebuild it from the "ground up" which I'm guessing (maybe?) could take months??
    [center]

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    After decades abusing their clients, Sony had it coming.
    I can't feel pity for them.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    In what way did Sony abuse their clients?

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    For me the biggest abuse was when they disabled ability to install Linux on PS3. It was probably only feature (Beside free PSN) dat made me buy PS3 over xbox
    Gone for Infinite Period

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Root kits, for example.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    I can understand the disappointment about disabling linux installs but I'm not sure if thats abuse. Weren't they also pirating music and selling it without the authors permission on greatest hits cd's? The real abuse is making me sit through the annoying drm on blurays. I don't know why I even buy them.

I'm concerned about my credit card information being stolen so I'm not exactly cheering these guys on even though sony needed to be put in check. Sony seems to know what they are doing security wise. Look at how long it took the ps3 to be hacked in the first place. So if hackers can bring down psn your information is safe with no one on the net. What I would find amusing is if hackers would mess with the trophy whores ... at least temporarily.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 04-27-2011 at 02:11 PM.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Disabling third party controllers via update and selling their own at horrendous prices. Mandatory updates. No repair even of minor hardware faults. Sueing everyone who wasn't on the tree at 3o clock mainly because Sony messed up themselves.

I hope every company relearns from this simple economic rules which most of the majors seem to have forgotten: You don't win against your customers - you don't even compete against them but with them, you don't own your customers, abuse a temporary monopoly and most of them will remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast