Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Wedding

I'm a Royalist, but good god, can the Media not give over with the constant bombardment of crap opinion and reporting of it... it's driving me mad!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I am 100% against the monarchy, i don't own a television and wouldn't have known about the wedding if work wasn't giving us the day off.

I'm also 100% against weddings.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Is there anything that some loony can't somehow weave into a conspiracy theory?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by nullifygirls View Post
    “We’re slaves to them! They’re the seed of the serpent!”
    I think they are confusing snakes with flowers what with flowers being the ones having seeds and all.

Btw have tried to avoid as much press as possible about the event but I couldn't help but laugh/cry when I read that NBC who has "dramatically scaled back their coverage because of American apathy" still has a 400+ person team in place.
    Seems perfectly reasonable since they have like what 400 people total devoted to covering all the wars in the world?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I have avoided all news of the wedding until this thread. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I have avoided all news of the wedding until this thread. Thanks.
    I'm so pleased I could help, I wouldn't want you to miss out :-p

7. Lounge   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The media coverage of this event (non-event imo) is ridiculous. The only thing I noticed is that she has a jaw/chin that looks a lot like Celine Dion.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I've been trying to avoid as much of it as possible, but it's getting hard getting through the commute without some wedding-related competition popping up on my radio, or avoiding overhearing it off my ailing mother's television which she has on all day. It's starting to really get on my nerves now. Why I should care about a bunch of racists getting married to one another and becoming arguably unhappy for the rest of their lives is way beyond my understanding, apparently.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Rusty?

Rust is what you get when iron oxidises and I don't need to tell you what that means
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Rusty?

Rust is what you get when iron oxidises and I don't need to tell you what that means
    Ummm go on, I'll admit it... you're going to need to tell me what that means

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast