Thread: Article: Sony: Credit Card Data Safe - No Signs of Unauthorised Transactions

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    "behind a very sophisticated security system"
    I wonder if they use the same unbeatable security with the PS3 FW lol
    I don't understand why they wouldn't go the extra mile by encrypting the user data as well

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    "on submission"? i wonder what they mean by that. its common knowledge that the console itself sends everything, including cc numbers, to psn unencrypted.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Sony, or the person in charge of protecting the physical security of information assets are just careless. After going through my class notes they failed to follow the basic principle of network security, proper encryption for starters and obviously a proper network structure and risk management team.

Anyone know how the PSN is actually structured? This appears to be the closest representation:

Appears they exploited the firewall in order to get into the database.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbintb View Post
    "on submission"? i wonder what they mean by that. its common knowledge that the console itself sends everything, including cc numbers, to psn unencrypted.
    Sending the info encrypted, and keeping their database encrypted are two different things. If the user data was secure in their databases, there would be no problems now. They were sloppy. They felt invincible. They were wrong. AND they have a SERIOUS ass-rape coming, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.