Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Spotify !!

snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I use spotify for 2 years now and it has all the music i want.I was using it for free with a proxy from england but now that doesnt work anymore.Country doesn't matter anymore and all accounts have certain amount of time till they expire.Mine has 9 hours left and after that i gotta buy premium.Can someone point me to an alternative ?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Grooveshark isn't bad. Maybe not quite as good as spotify, but very close...& you don't have to piss around with a proxy.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Its not that bad but it all happens in my browser and im not happy with that.The proxy thing in spotify wasn't that much of a big deal ... there were allot of VPN freebies on the internet.Also looks like ive mistaken .. i get 10 hours a day of playing and i can play a song up to 5 times i think .. its confusing.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I just keep using vpn to change my ip . When i'm bored my brother from england logins and everything is ok

Btw grooveshark is pretty good , it has more content imho but it is slower .

5. Lounge   -   #5
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    There's an Adobe Air Grooveshark desktop app listed here toward the bottom that works pretty good.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Found a nice app for Grooveshark http://www.leechermods.com/2011/04/s...ark-music.html
    Really helpfull if you wanna rip music from Grooveshark.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by snap3r View Post
    Found a nice app for Grooveshark http://www.leechermods.com/2011/04/s...ark-music.html
    Really helpfull if you wanna rip music from Grooveshark.
    I use Groovedown for that.

GS itself is the best music streaming service I've tried, hands down. The amount of content is excellent, although you won't find anything from certain well-known groups (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins). And yes, there's a couple of apps to "detach" it from your browser, as if it was just another program.
    Last edited by anon; 05-02-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Used it for 2 years and now its useless .. well unless i pay a subscription.Spotify just expired .. i hit the red bar and i cant listen to music anymore. Thanks guys for the alternative.Im not used to it but ill try to make it work.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If only you knew how to use google. Imagine how much better the lounge had been without this thread in it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Imagine how better would be if everyone knew how to use google and use it.This place would be a ghost town.I want an opinion from other people not from a search engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast