Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bt Question

Hey,
    sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new to BT and i was wondering if you you can pause ure download. Coz i'm downloadin a game and i'm not gunna be on the net for 100 hours straight, so is it possible to pause, i'm using burst if that helps.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    yep its possible...Just make sure when u restart the torrent that u direct it to the same place where the file was originally saved

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    There's no "pause" button. You have to cancel or X out the download. Then when you "re-download" it, save it over your old file that you were downloading, or save it the exact same way you did the first. Then it should say "checking existing file" and then it will resume where it left off. It won't corrupt or harm the file in any way.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ok well let me explain everything,
    i'm downloadin a game that i got from a link on this forum and i saved it in My Documents,
    so if i want to continue it i just click on the link and save it to My Documents and it should be where it was up to?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U better get a better client then slavery because shawdows has a pause button u do not have to cancel

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Doesnt matter even if he does cancel...he can still resume it later

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@10 November 2003 - 05:48
    U better get a better client then slavery because shawdows has a pause button u do not have to cancel
    Well, I'm using version 3.3 straight from Bram Cohen's official site. Call me crazy, but I think the creator did a good enough job for me. It's got just what I want and need on it so quite frankly IMHO, it is the best version. No bugs or problems whatsoever, and it shows in mb how much uploaded and downloaded...great for seeding.

Besides, how hard is it to resume folks?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by shoutman@10 November 2003 - 05:44
    ok well let me explain everything,
    i'm downloadin a game that i got from a link on this forum and i saved it in My Documents,
    so if i want to continue it i just click on the link and save it to My Documents and it should be where it was up to?
    Yup.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    but is it possible to get faster than 0.5kb??? coz thats the max i'm getting its gunna takes me years to download this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yeah it is mate....Im getting 600k at the moment downloading a movie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast