about echidna (no offence)
    its funny coz its true

but dont you think using Word to make htmls
    is not such a great idea

words sole duty is to create documents
    as excel is for spread sheets

So why didnt u use frntpage?
    its a dedicated program + normally comes with M$ office package

and all that shit could have been avoided!?!?

ALSO yes most M$ products are crap
    (only one i like is win2000 and that was only when with SP4)

ALSO, ALSO
    cheers darkwolf.
    i wanna change my sig a bit, so u can tell its the
    keymakers block head

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Fiber@15 November 2003 - 04:08
    Ha ha haaa haaaaaa
    sorry but i have to laugh
    about echidna (no offence)

its funny coz its true

but dont you think using Word to make htmls
    is not such a great idea

words sole duty is to create documents
    as excel is for spread sheets

So why didnt u use frntpage?
    its a dedicated program + normally comes with M$ office package

and all that shit could have been avoided!?!?

ALSO yes most M$ products are crap
    (only one i like is win2000 and that was only when with SP4)
    Hey kid if you have a viable solution add it, your only demonstrating the limits of your end-user ignorance. OK,
    the sitch is:

the day before yesterday, i get given copy as a.doc to convert to HTML
    [because the person giving it to me had already given up trying in frustration, i don't know how long she spent trying]

cutting and pasting from word into frontpage destroyed formatting and made the browser crash.
    saving as html from word retained formatting and still crashed the browser. [M$ IE6 for sake!]

do you expect me to print the word .doc and re-type it?

when i write html i type it with my fingers in a text editor, or produce it with dreamweaver, topstyle and HTMLtidy

so really given that the workstation i was at didn't have my choice of apps.
    what exactly was i going to avoid by using frontpage?
    oh i was using frontpage and it contributed to the waste of time microsoft forced upon me the other morning

frontpage is a peice of shit which i only suffer because of the work-flow my employers use
    [there is no keyboard shortcut for inserting an image and after 3 weeks i'm still resorting to writting in the code view to effect almost any change, even just hyperlinks. it also also has increadably retarded search and replace function]

i would recommend anyone using it to uninstall it ASAP. you would be better with notetab

i did have notetab and topstyle which helped a lot

if words 'sole' duty is operating only in it's .doc format, why does it save as various other formats?
    if M$ word saves ° as .html in such a way that it crashes M$ IE maybe it should have save as html as an option?

[if print documents are words 'sole' duty, why can't it retain format independent of system as .pdf does? there is no 'embed fonts' function for word documents and word .docs can render VERY differently on two different systems :: it is an apaulling product which is system resource hungry and infiltrtes the entire file association system to very mediocre ends, i must give it credit that it is one of the only apps that can still make footnotes though]

maybe microsofts sheep-like users ought wake up and demonstrate some sensible software choices.

really, tell me what microsoft workflow you can use to circumvent this issue
    ie. ° character conversion from word .doc into viable .html

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    Put down your Thesaurus
    echidna (hang on a sec... thats a womans tag)

lets start that again
    put down your Thesaurus
    EDNA

you aint shit but a bitch

your a dumb ass for leaving ° in you html coding
    try proof reading your code you stupid noob

thats right take my advice you need it,
    making a big deal out of your dumb ass mistakes
    go cry like a baby in yahoo chat you sad kid
    you will find a boy friend while your there too, little girl

so dont be PMing me this kind of shit

are you going to respond to this?
    or are you just a pussy trick-or-treating kid who can't back up their bullshit?
    if you have an answer i want to hear it.
    (like i said go to sad yahoo chat)
    ill PM you a link if you can find it NEWBIE

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Fiber@19 November 2003 - 13:58
    Put down your Thesaurus
    echidna (hang on a sec... thats a womans tag)

lets start that again
    put down your Thesaurus
    EDNA 

thats right take my advice you need it,
    making a big deal out of your dumb ass mistakes
    go cry like a baby in yahoo chat you sad kid
    you will find a boy friend while your there too, little girl

so dont be PMing me this kind of shit

are you going to respond to this?
    or are you just a pussy trick-or-treating kid who can't back up their bullshit?
    if you have an answer i want to hear it.
    (like i said go to sad yahoo chat)
    ill PM you a link if you can find it NEWBIE
    thesaurus is a big word, did you look it up? i don't need to use a thesaurus regularly.

n00b?

i've been online for ten years now you wimpering fool

you can't provide an answer so you abuse me again [gosh i'm so offended that you called me a girl ]
    hassling my handle when you're named after a food group that makes people shit regularly?????

proof reading wasn't the issue.
    the character had to be in both the print and the web publication, it was correct where it was in the copy. BTW the error was never on line if that's what your insinuating

do you and microsoft feel that all copy should have character entities manually entered inline?, [MS also ignores ©]
    that is unacceptable and given the choice i'd have been using DW, as it stands frontpage forces me to code by hand again so i am entering all entities manually

you haven't demonstrated you know anything except that frontpage is a html editor [aparently] and that word is primarily a print application. [wow]

i don't even think you know what your writing about, let alone actually made any money through publishing

if you didn't know, why shoot you mouth off abusing me? [twice]
    i PMed 'cause you didn't respond to my post for two days

i don't know or care what the hell your babbling about yahoo chat and a link

you are no help so why don't you go play on the road kid

if you actually know anything about converting character entities with microsoft applications say it.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Truth of the matter is, you can't complain when HTML coding doesn't work with Word. That's not what it's designed for. HTML uses alot of symbols and characters that look like typing mistakes. I can't believe you are trying to blame the software. This is obviously human incompetence.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    If it provides a convert to html option, then that option should work, no? If some of their symbols cause IE to crash when viewing the page then I think its a valid point saying that they're distributing stuff that is unreliable and doesn't provide functionality that it claims. Obviously html pages aren't the strong point of Word, but i think generating html that doesn't crash is a minimum requirement.
    Personally i like office, i haven't come across anything else as easy to use, you get better results with other packages, but for quick, decent results, Office gets my vote. Imo frontpage sucks ass tho.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Supernatural@20 November 2003 - 01:06
    Truth of the matter is, you can't complain when HTML coding doesn't work with Word. That's not what it's designed for. HTML uses alot of symbols and characters that look like typing mistakes. I can't believe you are trying to blame the software. This is obviously human incompetence.
    the problem is taking copy from word and tranfering it into html, keeping all characters correct, by using microsoft software.

it's not uncommon or unreasonable.

i KNOW word sux. my workplace hasn't worked that out yet.

where is my incompetence? i found the error. i corrected the error.

i want to be able to use the software that 'says' it can do this to to this. how have i demonstrated incompetence?

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by Fiber@19 November 2003 - 02:58
    lets start that again
    put down your Thesaurus
    EDNA :lol:

Dude are u gay???

hahaha

fear of competition? os just plain postwhoring?

be constructive dont fuck up the topic...

(i was gonna say bitch in the end, but you would probably like it huh Fiber..)

PS: by your posts i can see your are 15 year old obese antisocial buttyboy...

why do u people say n00b all the time, xit you loose lots of quality posts because of that... whats next ??? Oldie?

and dont call me a fuckin n00b or ill hit in the head with my datatronic

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    dusk shuddup no one knows you
    so get lost

(now little matters are aside)

i've been online for ten years now you wimpering fool
    thats along time
    how do u go to the toilet

also its Whimpering not wimpering

you wanna talk about html code
    im the one who got all 3 levels of LOCN
    and a Cisco
    also doing my HND in computing
    in Uni

you see son (i mean girl)
    im the officially qualified one

unless however you want to tell me what you have behind you
    (please don’t lie)

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    @Fiber

Dude STFU untill you can demonstrate the knowlage that you claim to have, you came at this topic with a mind to flame.

Echinda is right (and demonstrates his knowlage well), m$ is way below par, but its the only OS that can run all the market uses with out some sort of workaround, i only use XP cos of the compatability with games etc and its the OS im used to more. The software library is HUGE and there are some nice programs out there, Office2k was a nice office suite and so is openOffice they all have their strengths and weaknesses. And I find it shitty about the lack of cross compatability in M$ software as echidna pointed out

Yea you have linux and MacOs BUT the software library lacks the finishing touch.

I use mandrake and RH and debian in my line of work , yea they are cool, pretty easy to use once you get used to them just like windows took when new version comes out.

I agree that word was not made for HTML coding, it evolved to have that abilty, and even frontpage sux for doing more advanced stuff, the only half decent programs are Excell and Powerpoint

If ya can't say something contructive or politely disagree with factual based arguments then STFU and don't even bother thinking about posting

Xanex

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast