View Poll Results: How does this 1st post make you feel?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • When will standard definition content move to x264 already, I'm waiting impatiently?!

6 37.50%
  • Why is everything else including the crap so easily available in HD, but Daily Show is ignored?!

1 6.25%
  • Hey, I need my compression artifacts. Give me my BLOCKS!

9 56.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show high-def or x264, tracker quest

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'm wondering if any of the trackers have the 1080i or 720p episodes being added regularly. Alternatively, standard definition x264 would be great, but I think that might still be too futuristic for most.

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting my Daily Show fix off of Hulu, I have an XBOX 360 and Hulu Plus subscription, so it does make it pretty easy. However, once in awhile I am eager to see the episode a little earlier than they make it available.

It seems like the Daily Show in HD has been completely abandoned by all. I can only go so far as to watch an XVID on a small computer screen, it looks like shit on my TV so I avoid watching them that way. Since I'd be at a computer anyway, I'd more likely be streaming them than grabbing the XVID. Feel free to troll the show, HD snobbery, or the like, no objections from me about that. I'm pretty hesitant about the tracker world in general, so I'm just putting out some feelers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    theres tons being added on various sites. Also, x264 SD content is just plain shit IMO. I think x264 is for HD and XviD is for SD. Simple as that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    Also, x264 SD content is just plain shit IMO. I think x264 is for HD and XviD is for SD. Simple as that.
    All you've managed to demonstrate with that opinion is a lack of knowledge. One could also argue why, in their opinion, having oxygen in our air is shit. It's a type of stance that begs for some sort of supporting fact to avoid seeming clueless.

Since you weren't able to recognize that initially, let me use an easy analogy that points out how ridiculous your statement sounded:
    Also, good beer when you're going out is just plain shit IMO. I think good beer is for when you sit at home alone and piss water beer is for when you go out. Simple as that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    All you've managed to demonstrate with that opinion is a lack of knowledge. One could also argue why, in their opinion, having oxygen in our air is shit. It's a type of stance that begs for some sort of supporting fact to avoid seeming clueless.

Since you weren't able to recognize that initially, let me use an easy analogy that points out how ridiculous your statement sounded:
    Also, good beer when you're going out is just plain shit IMO. I think good beer is for when you sit at home alone and piss water beer is for when you go out. Simple as that.
    Your reply sounds lamer than the post you replied to.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SD ain't that bad in my 1024x600 screen - give me my blocks
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    What about for us who have 1920x1080 screens?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I can give you some blocks when I find them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Your reply sounds lamer than the post you replied to.
    Congratulations, you've added absolutely nothing

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    brento's Avatar Poster
    what's the point of this thread?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    What about for us who have 1920x1080 screens?
    Try 720p.

Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    what's the point of this thread?
    Point of any thread depend on readers.
    Last edited by bijoy; 05-19-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Teh n00b.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast