Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xp

you're all great thank you

not yet, i have to get the stupid thing to open. i must have done it wrong because everytime i try to open the E drive i get a big huge error message and my pc locks up...now i can't get the dumb thing to eject. will let you know. have to shut down and reboot and open the drive as the power comes on. *sigh*

oh, if you can you use either kind of blank cd why do they label them differently and why do the data discs cost more and give less? aside from a ploy to get more money from this gullible fool? or is that the answer?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    here's the deal...it doesn't show up as a .iso file

i see the file as
    Windows_XP_Pro_Corporate_Final.exe

with a .exe file extension shouldn't it be an executable file? maybe i'm just too much of an idiot. oh well, what's one more disc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    have you tried renaming it to .iso

you should try WinISO to make sure the image is valid before burning to disc
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    could this be DOS based? this time when i clicked on properties it gave me more information.
    on the program tab:
    program: Window~6
    cmd line: e:\WINDOW~6.EXE
    so do i go into DOS and type it in?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by ObiWan@10 November 2003 - 13:52
    have you tried renaming it to .iso

you should try WinISO to make sure the image is valid before burning to disc
    okay, WinIso can actually "see" all the file components within the application. can i assume that this means that it is valid?

and if yes does that mean that if i change the file extention to .iso this might actually work?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    yes change the extension to .iso
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Get CDmage and scan the file for corruption before burning ('Action' > 'Scan for corruption&#39.
    You can see if the file is .bin or .iso with CDmage or WinISO.

In WinISO go to 'File' > 'Properties...'. If it says "Sector size is 2352 bytes" then it's a .BIN file. If it says "Sector size is 2048 bytes" then it's an .ISO file.

In CDmage, it displays the sector size in the left window. It should say something like "Track 1 [MODE1/2352]" for .BIN files or "Track 1 [MODE1/2048]" for .ISO files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    okay WinIso says the sector size is 2048 so i'm going to change the extention and try it again.

just out of curiousity, and at the risk of totally confusing myself, what is the difference between joliet and standard ISO9660?

and don't tell me that the joliet is part of the blues brothers

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    i think it is a method used to allow long filenames

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Joliet is an extension of the ISO9660 standard that allows you to burn filenames up to 64 characters long.

The ISO9660 standard has 3 levels. In level 1 the filename can't be longer than 8 characters. In level 2 the filename can't be longer than 255 charcters. Level 3 is basically the same as level 2 but it's intended for packet writing (when you use DirectCD or InCD to burn).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast