Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trump calls it quits

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Trump is like a clown; if he changes his mind and decides to run for President, he won't get elected. I really hope that Obama will get re-elected.
    I am against Obama now. I heard Obamacare sucks.
    I know there is a least 20 million plus Americans think different..

It doesn't suck, it needs some revamping, that's all..

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Single-payer and mandatory enrollment for all should solve it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I am against Obama now. I heard Obamacare sucks.
    I know there is a least 20 million plus Americans think different..

It doesn't suck, it needs some revamping, that's all..
    No. It sucks. It beyond sucks. Why do you think it needs revamping? Because it sucks.

It's incredibly expensive and almost no health care providers will accept it bc it doesn't pay the provider but a small fraction of what they're billing. So they naturally say, 'Nah, we're good. We'll just keep accepting all these other providers that pay us more.'

I have a friend on FB who just posted a couple of weeks ago that she pays $1200/m for Obamacare under the "Affordable Healthcare Act" and literally no doctors will take it.

EDIT: here's the post:

Spoiler: Show

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Single-payer and mandatory enrollment for all should solve it.
    Well there's that pesky thing called The Constitution so.... no.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-07-2016 at 07:33 PM.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    If the state can make me get car insurance, then why should the state not be able to make me get health insurance? Explain the difference, please.

As for your friend, maybe she should try to understand how the system works. Make her google "charge master", and read the Time article "Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us" from 2013. Here's a clue: official hospital rates are inflated and insurance companies negotiate prices down to real-world levels (usually set within the Medicare system). To say that insurance companies only "pay the provider but a small fraction of what they're billing" is like saying I got a great deal because I only paid 50% for something whose price doubled the week before -- that discount is irrelevant. And make her understand that if she goes to an out-of-network doctor/hospital, of course the insurance company is not going to pay for anything. But that's got nothing to do with Obamacare; that's the way any health insurance company operates.

Medical costs in this country are high because nobody reigns in the drug companies. And insurance companies charge higher rates because the covered base is not as large as it could/should be. Increase the pool of insured with the young and healthy, and the monthly rate per person will go down. And get rid of all the paperwork the system currently requires, and you'll save even more.

So I say again, single-payer and mandatory enrollment for all should solve it. or at least be a very big step in the right direction.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    To add to my car insurance example: the county I live in has a large number of uninsured drivers (let's not even talk about underinsured drivers), so the insurance rate I am paying is higher than it should be if everyone had coverage. Check your own policy for the "uninsured/underinsured" part of your premium and you see how much money you could save right away...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Simple. You choose to drive or not drive. If you choose to drive, you are required to maintain liability insurance while driving on public roads. As per The Constitution, The govt cannot require you pay for insurance. Don't want to pay for it? That's fine. Walk. Bike. Take the bus. Uber. Ride share. Whatever. Single payer health insurance would require everyone pay into the system. There is no opt out, otherwise the system doesn't work. That's why it was quickly dropped back in 2010-ish when The ACA was being pushed through.

yo

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm on the mobile so can't bother quoting properly.

She should try to understand how the system works? Out of network? It's Obamacare. The whole point of it was to give people in all areas of the country affordable options. She lives in suburban Houston with thousands of options and still can't get the care she needs simply because doctors don't accept it. The margins are just too small.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88

Tell your friend to ask for Shelby. She'll help her evaluate her options.

If she really pays $1200/month, Shelby should be able to get her an off-exchange plan that's cheaper and that's accepted by the doctors.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Caballero; 12-07-2016 at 11:06 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    If the state can make me get car insurance, then why should the state not be able to make me get health insurance? Explain the difference, please.As for your friend, maybe she should try to understand how the system works. Make her google "charge master", and read the Time article "Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us" from 2013. Here's a clue: official hospital rates are inflated and insurance companies negotiate prices down to real-world levels (usually set within the Medicare system). To say that insurance companies only "pay the provider but a small fraction of what they're billing" is like saying I got a great deal because I only paid 50% for something whose price doubled the week before -- that discount is irrelevant. And make her understand that if she goes to an out-of-network doctor/hospital, of course the insurance company is not going to pay for anything. But that's got nothing to do with Obamacare; that's the way any health insurance company operates.
    Medical costs in this country are high because nobody reigns in the drug companies. And insurance companies charge higher rates because the covered base is not as large as it could/should be. Increase the pool of insured with the young and healthy, and the monthly rate per person will go down. And get rid of all the paperwork the system currently requires, and you'll save even more.
    So I say again, single-payer and mandatory enrollment for all should solve it. or at least be a very big step in the right direction.
    All i can say is you are right and wrong at the same time..
    If you think about why health care kind of works here in Canada??
    -Government controls and uses Gas Tax and allocates it to Health Care
    -Government controls our Liquor Tax and that allocates to Health Care
    -Government controls Lottery Tax (and our winnings are tax free but you guys wright off way more shit on your taxes like lottery losses and mortgages we can not), that is allocated to Health Care
    and there is a lot more as well, and i can tell you from experience, there is flaws with our system as well, and without drug plans here you get robbed as well(if you take a lot), and as far as i was told, you can not be refused care in a Public hospital in the US, is that wrong??

Skiz...
    First off Trump is full of shit!!
    The only way Obamacare will work is if the majority of people are on it(the way it is designed), it then offsets nut bags that run to the hospital/doctor because they have a paper-cut instead of putting a band-aid on it, and others don't. And the insurance companies are not the underwriters of the policies and the Government or appointed committee controls the pricing..
    The Funds have to come from somewhere Skiz, plus the Government has to control it...
    I am thinking a Single Payer would look good for future generations

Ask yourself this?? Have you herd of a Public (Shareholders) Insurance company losing money?? Yet they raise the premiums and say it offsets any future loses..
    Even if Trumps idea to negotiate with these Insurance companies and not subsidize it somehow it can't work..
    I can tell you again from seeing it with my own eyes !! I take my Mother-in law to the doctor in Florida, and all over the walls the Doctor has posted he has no insurance, and you sign a waiver that you can't sue him...
    How many times do you hear a Doctor is sued for Malpractice in Canada?? Pretty much never!! In the US you sue for hot coffee in McDonald's
    Do you think that has something to do with cost??

Rates doctors charge and companies that supply hospitals need to be controlled and that would be a start.

Again Obama Care does work but it needs some changes and modifications to fix it, starting from scratch and relying on Insurance companies that also have to report to Shareholders profits will never work.
    Right now Trump won your election and he won on a lot of false promises(like all politicians), and last i herd they are going to take at least 3 years til they have a solution for this, and we will have to see if Trump is still the President

PS. Blaming Drug Companies excuse doesn't work in Canada, they get cost down with most of the popular drugs being made or known as "Generic Drugs", those are given first.
    Last edited by shaina; 12-08-2016 at 02:33 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Simple. You choose to drive or not drive. If you choose to drive, you are required to maintain liability insurance while driving on public roads. As per The Constitution, The govt cannot require you pay for insurance. Don't want to pay for it? That's fine. Walk. Bike. Take the bus. Uber. Ride share. Whatever. Single payer health insurance would require everyone pay into the system. There is no opt out, otherwise the system doesn't work. That's why it was quickly dropped back in 2010-ish when The ACA was being pushed through.
    The reason why it didn't work, because the Seniors lobbied and didn't want to pay there share in increased taxes.

But in the end are they not hurting there children and grandchildren future healthcare??

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast