Thread: W32.jeefo Virus

According to my NAV a lot of the music files I was trying to download contained the W32.Jeefo virus and were immediately quarantined by Norton preventing the download. This happened so many times that I thought I would find reference to it on the Forum - but there is no mention. Now however the problem seems to have gone away - could it have been a local fault in my NAV/machine, or what?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    No, there is no fault it NAV it reports what it catches to let u know so just go to the quarantine and delete all of those files but I suggest u do a full system scan because I don't know how a virus could get in music files.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    it could be when you download a mp3 of k-lite it is in the form of dat.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cant mailicious code be put into wm files?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Renatinho
    Hi ,

I was already infected by the Jeefo virus, as you can read it in the www.hoaxbuster.com it's not a damagable virus, just an annoying one. If you already have a MP3 with this virus in your PC, I don't know if Norton could delete it, the mine wasn't able to do it. So you can delete it by star up your PC in administratif mode and delete the file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks now I can help my friend.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    what version of nav do u have?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by digibeta16@10 November 2003 - 15:14
    According to my NAV a lot of the music files I was trying to download contained the W32.Jeefo virus and were immediately quarantined by Norton preventing the download. This happened so many times that I thought I would find reference to it on the Forum - but there is no mention. Now however the problem seems to have gone away - could it have been a local fault in my NAV/machine, or what?
    the virus nav detected is prob already infected your comp,,,,, run a fss and then scandisk, if ne files are corrupt .. format c: using c:&#092;>formatC:, at startup
    or rc on local disk,

only after failed repair)

it was mostly likely caused by a corrupt k6t file using x6 encryption....
    have u downloaded ne unverified software off kl?