Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Any1 Help?

every time i try burning anything using nero 6 it keeps saying power calibration error after it calculates the data im going to write on it. it used to work fine, and i have uninstalled alcohol to see if there where any conflicts, but still no joy. i would be most gratefull if any1 could help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    try the latest version of nero 6...23,
    it might do the job

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thats what im using and it WAS working but now theres the speed calibration error

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    try reinstalling nero
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm not sure but I think calibration errors are CD/DVD media related.
    Have you tried using a different and better brand of blank CD/DVDs?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hmmmmm the 1s ive had in arent the best 1s so maybe. it worked once yestersday but not now, maybe its the cds, what does it mean wwhen it says cannot perform disk at once??

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by redemption@10 November 2003 - 19:13
    every time i try burning anything using nero 6 it keeps saying power calibration error after it calculates the data im going to write on it. it used to work fine, and i have uninstalled alcohol to see if there where any conflicts, but still no joy. i would be most gratefull if any1 could help.
    Power calibration errors are, IIRC, problems that occur when the burning program can't set the correct laser power to burn the disc.
    It's either a hardware/media fault or incompatibility between the two.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Try updating drivers, and get the latest version of NERO. If not contect Nero Support.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I get it all the time, especially when trying to burn at 4X (my fastest speed). Try burning at a lower speed. By the way, any disc that has gotten that error can still be used (atleast in my case). No data was even written to my discs when given that error, so I just used the disc again at a lower speed and it usually works.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I get it all the time, especially when trying to burn at 4X (my fastest speed). Try burning at a lower speed. By the way, any disc that has gotten that error can still be used (atleast in my case). No data was even written to my discs when given that error, so I just used the disc again at a lower speed and it usually works.

mine burns at x8. i reied it at x4 but no joy. it worked once yesterday but not a sniff 2day. maybe reinstalling it will help??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast