Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If The "big Bang" Theory Is Correct...

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    no, your sister

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    so far so good - Lamsey, behave yourself please

One thing is certain, the human brain is very limited to how much it can comprehend. Even though many respected people claim: "We are on the brink of understanding....", that brink is very wide indeed.

I once tried to understand the following theory:
    Divide something in two indefinately - that must be possible, because you cant divide something into two nothings. That kinda explains our limitations.

Peace
    UKMan

PS: Please go on.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no, your sister            
    Well she was called Mandy until she had an operation and ...oh, you were joking

I used to be called __eric__ which isn't my real name (It's Rob), so I changed it to Arcadia which is the name of an X Files episode.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    uk man:i would say google for "quantum mechanics" but it seems you've got it licked already

Edit:eric, tell mandy you met a nice guy on the klite board if shes interested

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by UKMan@10 November 2003 - 20:30

I once tried to understand the following theory:
    Divide something in two indefinately - that must be possible, because you cant divide something into two nothings. That kinda explains our limitations.

Thats the same type of circular logic that "Proves" a bullet cant kill a man running away.

It has to travel half the distance, by which time the target has moved...etc etc into infinity.

Think i'll stick to my knowledge that i'd die....

BTW....

If you have a planet in which the entire Northern Hemisphere is land, and the Southern Hemisphere is water....

Is the Land an Island, or the water a Lake?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I am and therefore i excist.

I allways like these "infinite" discussions, while most people hardly are able to comprehend their own excistance.

B) Yogi

7. Lounge   -   #27
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@10 November 2003 - 21:35
    uk man:i would say google for "quantum mechanics" but it seems you've got it licked already
    Hmm - i've licked somthing i have absolutely no comprehention of

Rat Faced
    Thats the same type of circular logic that "Proves" a bullet cant kill a man running away.
    It has to travel half the distance, by which time the target has moved...etc etc into infinity.
    I agree - IF the two are travelling the same speed - which they most definately are not (usually) and of course time is one of the factors. I like the comparison anyway, because it poses a very serious problem. Why do people get killed then when shot in the back when running away. We have a theory we can prove wrong - but can we prove the other theory - no of course not.

As regards the "Is the Land an Island, or the water a Lake?" - thats a definition problem between two known facts - but i understand the logic behind your comparison.

One thing is for sure - we all die - but then what. I'll leave that to another thread.

But our comprehension cannot accept that two halves = nothing, because then we would have to accept the fact that nothing can create something. Thats hard to comprehend - therefore its easier (for me) to accept that nothing neverexisted - in other words, space has allways existed. From space was created what we see and comprehend now.

SensualGardening
    I am and therefore i excist.
    Didnt the Western God say "I Am" - correct me if i'm wrong. But if true, then it poses a lot of questions. By the way, i believe that too.

Peace
    UKIAmMan

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by UKMan+10 November 2003 - 21:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 10 November 2003 - 21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@10 November 2003 - 21:35
    uk man:i would say google for "quantum mechanics" but it seems you&#39;ve got it licked already
    Hmm - i&#39;ve licked somthing i have absolutely no comprehention of

[/b][/quote]
    this quote:
    Divide something in two indefinately - that must be possible, because you cant divide something into two nothings.
    was what i was referring to, in a polite way, it was hoped. Anyway, quantum theory holds that you can&#39;t keep splitting, there is a stopping point. That stopping point is the quanta.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Thanks MediaSlayer - now i know at least what i cant comprehend - what?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    OK, i got a Q?

Here we are - an imaginary fly in the universe. we are sitting on that singularity when it goes "POP"
    Now as we know the universe is expanding - so lets just flap our little flywings and fly off to the furthest most piece of matter from the epicenter of the "big Bang"

If you look away from this epicenter what would you see?

Would there just be blackness? and if so where is its boundery?

Who cares about the "matter" of the universe... I wanna know about the BLACK stuff...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast