Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: If The "big Bang" Theory Is Correct...

BANNED
    Originally posted by Lamsey@11 November 2003 - 06:15
    Billy_Dean, has anyone ever told you that huge blocks of italic text are really unattractive? Most people won't even bother reading it.
    Lamesy has anyone told you you're an 18 year old kid?

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Thought I'd copy my reply into this thread from Billy Dean's Topic in the News section.

QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 13 November 2003 - 08:48)
    The Big Bang Theory is slowly creeping into more and more people's mind, which is a good thing. String theory will, I believe, answer questions we are now asking.

I'm a fan of Big Bang theory but have a few reservations with regard to SuperString Theory. Mainly that experimentation to prove the existence of Strings hasn't been developed yet. That's not to say it won't be developed in the future but the amounts of energy needed to "uncover" these subatomic particles is staggering and there's not enough natural resources on this planet to build an atom smasher powerful enough or large enough to accomplish this. Still the unification of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics could well lie in the direction of SuperString Theory. Only time will tell I guess.
    Signature removed

3. Lounge   -   #83
    BANNED
    Originally posted by soopaman@13 November 2003 - 18:30
    Thought I'd copy my reply into this thread from Billy Dean's Topic in the News section.
    That wasn't my thread Soopa, that was Protak's.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Apologies to Protak and yourself Billy.

So how do you feel they'll get round the particle accelerator energy problem??
    Signature removed

5. Lounge   -   #85
    BANNED
    Originally posted by soopaman@13 November 2003 - 18:57
    So how do you feel they'll get round the particle accelerator energy problem??
    I think they'll come up with something else, they always do. I have a lot of respect for the scientific community. I remember a lecture by Stephen Hawking a few years ago where he said that only three people in the world understood superstring theory, and that it was 100 years before it's time. He meant the scientific world did not have the means to test the theory. But 100 years is a long time in science, I'm more optimistic in that regard.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    I find it a bit weird that we, as a species, may have to break the established laws of physics in order to have the means to conduct an experiment to prove the existence of Strings. It's a brainkiller and no mistake!!
    Signature removed

7. Lounge   -   #87
    There's actualy a theory called the COSMIC MEMBRANE THEORY which explains what happened before the big bang, it was able to explain alot of what string theory couldnt.

In laymans terms an infinite amount of universes float in a quantum soup they think that when two of these universes crashed into each other it created this universe,

Actualy the theory supports infinite dimesions e.g. like the tv program sliders or some epsiodes of star trek.

There was a bbc doco about it http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon...unitrans.shtml

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789