Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for a good VPN provider?

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vBooM View Post
    Hide my ass is consistent, no downtime, easy, i mean 7 pounds a month cmon, huge list of ips, if your trying to watch a video which is us only for example, you switch ip to usa then you can watch, etc etc, you couldent do this with a NL vps lolz, and also the ip binding is great, you only can use programs you select which your ip is encrytion is enabled and all that, which is great for irc etc. Saves all the znc rubbish.
    The point is that despite the "huge list", most private trackers will ban you for using that sort of service. With a VPS, you have your own static IP, and you'll be fine. Also "using only the programs you select" is insecure considering how a VPN functions. Pretty much the whole reason it's more secure than something like a proxy is it funnels all your traffic through it by default. No need to worry about side-channel attacks or programs sending data over unexpected ports and not transferring via the VPN. An SSH tunnel would be a better choice for what you describe.

The only thing the multi-country thing does for you is help you view certain region specific content, and since we're all pirates, I don't see much point in that.

Also half the point of ZNC is you can stay logged in 24/7 without actually needing to run IRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    I disagree, if you tell torrent sites on irc or support that you are using VPN, they simply leave a tag with your username..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12