Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok I Dunnit

ok i dowloaded win xp but when i click it it doesnt work? its an application and looks like a white window? whats going on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Whats up with posting two topics?Eh?
    You wont get any new magical answers.

On a side note:
    Ettiquetes of posting in Software World
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    soz sir admin jus tryin to see if any1 knows the answer

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Control Panel > Folders > View > Uncheck &#39;Hide extension for know file types.

Look and you will now see what the file is.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    theres no folder in control panel

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    it is prob an iso file with an .exe ext, it has the extension .exe so kazaa recognises the file as software, if it had the extension iso it wouldnt show up in the software section but in images. open it with isobuster or winiso then extract all the files to a folder and burn them to disc.......................i gotta add i am getting bored writing the same darn thing over and over, use the search feature and read the faq&#39;s please

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    It&#39;s not an application. It&#39;s most probably either a .BIN or an .ISO file (CD images).
    People rename .BIN and .ISO files to an .EXE extension so that it appears in K-Lite&#39;s search results when the &#39;Software&#39; filter is enabled.

Get CDmage and open the file with it.
    In the left window, if it says "[MODE1/2352]" it&#39;s a .BIN file, if it says "[MODE1/2048]" it&#39;s an .ISO file.
    Rename to the correct file extension.
    Scan the file for corruption with CDmage (&#39;Action&#39; > &#39;Scan for corruption&#39.

Read here how to burn with Nero

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Sorry. &#39;Folder Options&#39; is what i meant to say.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Johnny_B@10 November 2003 - 23:16
    It&#39;s not an application. It&#39;s most probably either a .BIN or an .ISO file (CD images).
    People rename .BIN and .ISO files to an .EXE extension so that it appears in K-Lite&#39;s search results when the &#39;Software&#39; filter is enabled.

Get CDmage and open the file with it.
    In the left window, if it says "[MODE1/2352]" it&#39;s a .BIN file, if it says "[MODE1/2048]" it&#39;s an .ISO file.
    Rename to the correct file extension.
    Scan the file for corruption with CDmage (&#39;Action&#39; > &#39;Scan for corruption&#39.

Read here how to burn with Nero
    LOL well put

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    If it&#39;s the same version I had, just open the file with Winrar and then unpack all the files you get in a folder. Then burn directly all the files onto a cd without the folder.

After that when you&#39;re ready to install your new xp, get the 6 XP boot disks, put the first disquette and the XP cd in their drive, rebout your machine, and follow the instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast