Thread: Software For Changing .avi Movie Format...

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I recently downloaded a couple of animes; three to be exact. The total size of the trio exceeds any normal limits for the standard CD-R. However, they are currently in .avi format and I am thinking that I could possibly fit them to a CD-R if I could change them to .wmv . How could go about doing this or what would I need to download (perferrably a Microsoft product) to make this happen? Or is this even possible?

The current size of the three is roughly 850MB. And I would like to attempt to squeeze them onto a single disk. Unfortunately, DVD-R is out of the question. I do not own such hardware yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    you could fit 2 hours or even more with kvcd, guide in my sig

also seems like you unfamiliar with drm, something that encoding with any newer M$ product will embed in the product, making future duplication later imposable

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2

is this why when i convert my avi to meg for my cd-r's they are perfect but i can't burn them they get all f**k-up....drm....is there anything that can be done.....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would use Virtual Dub and reencode the avi with the Divx codec. If you open the avi's individually with gspot you will see the current bitrate. So using the configurator after selecting Divx under video/compression (set at Full Processing) you can set the bitrate lower than the original to get a smaller file. Just a little should do it but you will have to full around to get it exactly 700mb total. Virtual Dub doesn't like VBR audio but as long as your going to keep them as avi you can ignore its warning.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    I recently downloaded a couple of animes; three to be exact. The total size of the trio exceeds any normal limits for the standard CD-R. However, they are currently in .avi format and I am thinking that I could possibly fit them to a CD-R if I could change them to .wmv . How could go about doing this or what would I need to download (perferrably a Microsoft product) to make this happen? Or is this even possible?

The current size of the three is roughly 850MB. And I would like to attempt to squeeze them onto a single disk. Unfortunately, DVD-R is out of the question. I do not own such hardware yet.

you can convert avi to wmv easily using this free online service- vidflash.com. you just have to send your files and it would be converted very quickly-and that`s all

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Creo
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia

you can convert avi to wmv easily using this free online service- vidflash.com. you just have to send your files and it would be converted very quickly-and that`s all
    Thats the noobiest thing I have ever heard...

It would take ages to upload for conversion... The site is for doing small video files so you can stream them on the web.

Time to convert at home... 30mins+ (Dependant on size/Bitrate and PC Spec)
    Time to convert vidflash.com... Hours+ (Upload at your highest upload speed and wait for conversion)
    Last edited by T0TAL-RECALL; 07-24-2006 at 01:59 PM.