Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Ripping

bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    I'm trying to rip some concert DVDs, so I can use TMPGEnc to get the audio off the vob files, I've tried DVD Decrypter, and Smart Ripper, but both rip the video perfectly but the audio will have small quite spots sometimes and clicks ever so often.

Anyone knows of a really good program for ripping DVDs, it would actually be fine if the video isn't perfect, as long as it rips the audio well.
    I'm wanting to burn audio cds off these.

So any help.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Google it. There are a lot of good ones on google.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    smart ripper= ripping vobs

flaskmpeg=converting to divx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    And TheFilePirater does it again.
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    I&#39;ve already tried Smart Ripper, and when I&#39;m just ripping movies I have no problem with it, but when I start just listening to the audio, I noticed imperfections in audio quality.

So what I&#39;m asking for is a vob ripper that does great audio, video doesn&#39;t matter much.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Like I said before you can google it.
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    clonedvd

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Mate tri dvdydypter to rip the vobs and dvd2avi176,and set it to track1 (english)
    and demux if you want a dolby digital file or decode for a wav.

Or just use dvdecrypter on its own using the stream processing options and rip just the audio striaght to an ac3 file.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien@10 November 2003 - 04:11
    I&#39;ve already tried Smart Ripper, and when I&#39;m just ripping movies I have no problem with it, but when I start just listening to the audio, I noticed imperfections in audio quality.

So what I&#39;m asking for is a vob ripper that does great audio, video doesn&#39;t matter much.
    1st of all, if you know you&#39;ve got your aspi set up correctly, good on you. If you don&#39;t, handle it. I&#39;ve heard force aspi is very user friendly. Anyway, there could be a number of reasons for poor audio. It sounds like you&#39;re not ripping right. Open a dvd in smart ripper, it should use aspi, if it doesn&#39;t check the "aspi" box under vob file access. For rip method, choose "movie". <<If, by any chance you just want an audio track, then you would choose "stream processing" and check the box next to the appropriate stream. Try to select a 2 ch stream or else you might need the ac3 filter to play it.>> Anyway, you probably won&#39;t do that, you probably want the whole movie. So with the movie tab selected, and without changing anything, rip the movie to your target folder. Then open the 1st vob in dvd2avi and move the slider to see if the whole movie is there. Then save the project with the following settings:
    (the ones not listed are ones that are good so don&#39;t change them)
    video>field operation>forced film(don&#39;t use it if your source is interlaced more than 5%)
    color space>yuv4:2:2
    YUV>RGB pc scale
    luminance-only use if having contrast and/or brightness problems
    clip&resize-easy as pie, basically its wysiwyg(what you see is what you get) only use if needed
    Audio>track number(usually its 1 or 2) if you get it wrong, guess what? wrong sound track(commentary or something like that), use trial and error to figure it out
    Audio>dolby digital>decode
    Audio>dolby digital>dynamic range control>light
    (dolby surround downmix should be checked)
    48>44.1khz high

After all that save your project. It should create a very small .d2v and a .wav. Load the d2v in tmpgenc and load the wav seperately to use as audio. If you move or erase the vobs it won&#39;t load in tmpgenc because the .d2v needs the vobs to encode.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    CloneDVD is not ideal for making a duplicate DVD-V, because it does actually compress the audio/video contents of the movie.

If you want a perfect copy, then you would rip the VOBs with SmartRipper/DVD Decrypter (I prefer DVD D, but are you sure your configuration for the two are correct) and then burn the VOBs to a DVD+/-R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast