Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Site update / New Editor / Mobile Style

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Trying to view the "New Collections," but each time it brings up an error that refuses to copy&paste. Using the latest stable Chrome release.

This is also the link (bookmark) that I use: https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It was an idea. It would be perfect if the actual article showed up in the first post of those threads, instead that message "You can read the full article at...".
    Agreed. That would probably get more comments on the news posts. For some reason I just can't bring myself to read anything outside the forums, and I guess there are other people who feel the same way, too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Many do. It doesn't hurt the board at all having them accessible via the forums, but at the same time it doesn't look that great when the first post is "You can read the full article at...".
    It's also a great way to distract the usual members from the classic discussions taking place at the BT sections, for example.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Some of the "comments" on the articles could carry on in a more interesting fashion if we had forum access to it. I remember awhile ago that was the case, then it disappeared. Glad to see it back in some form. I do sometimes read those articles.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    CQ1ST's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    does that have something to do with the fact that there's no sorting on the 'what trackers offer' page?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by CQ1ST View Post
    does that have something to do with the fact that there's no sorting on the 'what trackers offer' page?
    Sorting doesn't seem to work for me, either. tesco mentioned some WTO bugs, that could be one of them.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CQ1ST View Post
    Sorting doesn't seem to work for me, either. tesco mentioned some WTO bugs, that could be one of them.
    Yeah that's the one I was thinking of at the time. It's to do with slashes in the urls. Ther might be bugs with attaching icons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Trying to view the "New Collections," but each time it brings up an error that refuses to copy&paste. Using the latest stable Chrome release.

This is also the link (bookmark) that I use: https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew
    I get the same issue. I'll try fixing that tonight, probably also related to the subscriptions problem reported earlier.

I'm liking this new mobile skin but for some reason it doesn't do quotes for replys and it's also missing an edit button.
    Last edited by tesco; 06-14-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    I visited FST from my phone today (using the Russian mod of Opera Mini 3), and the site automatically detected that. The mobile style is pretty good, but not very nice on you if you have no JavaScript support - the page links in threads, the forum view and search results aren't visible, for one... even with JS enabled, it'd be nice to have at least a link to jump to the last post on a thread.

Also, there appears to be a small glitch - when you search for new posts or today's ones, the last poster's name isn't visible:
    IP appending to text file. Possible ?
    Last Post By Today 13:53
    Forum: Internet, Programming and Graphics
    If you want to betatest the mobile style, it is possible to download Opera Mini and run it in a PC via microemulator.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I've tried that on android's chrome and i didn't experience those issues. Must be browser specific. I'll try it on skyfire later.

Gamespost links are not correctly being fetched, or fetched at all.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 06-15-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Clicking on the strikeout or spoiler buttons asks me to specify an option for my NEWS_CHANGELOG tag, then inserts such a tag instead. Typing the code manually does seem to work, however:
    Spoiler: Show

Also, embedding attachments as images doesn't seem to work like it used to, creating a link instead? Check here, posts #11 and 13.

But I just did it on another thread, and the image was displayed...
    Last edited by anon; 06-19-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Later edit

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast